looking for a turbo rebuilder

im looking to get a set of t28 turbos rebuilt , im looking to just have a basic rebuild done on them, Ive had a turbo rebuilt at industry deisel in oakville but the turbo only lasted 3600 km before it broke and blew my motor. So i would like to find another place to do my other turbos with some kind of reliability

any input would be appreciated
thanks

farmer

I spent a few days trying to find someone to rebuild a T28 for me “was going to buy the one Sasha had”

The most helpful person I spoke with was Herman @ Cherry Turbos and he said the rebuild kit for the T28s were around $500 then about $500 in labour.

Few other places gave me qoutes of $800-$1100 as well so I didnt bother.

I was told in my search you can get re-built ones throu Garret and just give the one now as a Core Charge… but never looked into that any further either.

industry quotes me $1000 for the rebuild with a larger impeller wheel , but im very hesitant about this shop , but he told me he wanted to make things right. im kinda tornt between what happened and if he is actually sincere about doin a good job for me

farmer

When i looked into rebuilding my blown T25 I discovered it was cheaper to just buy a new turbo.

$1000 canuck to rebuild?
I bought a NEW T3 .48/.super60 for $535…

thats a good deal, but unfortunatly i dont know crap about turbos and i dont know what will work with what im doin ?

farmer

As I mentioned, if you are going to be paying 1000 to rebuild ONE turbo.

Why don’t you sell the turbo (Price it at 200 and it will sell really quickly), now you have 1200 bucks and you can pick up a new GT28RS.

Those work on your application, guaranteed. :slight_smile:

Why do they need to be rebuilt?

You may as well just stick with the t28s for now unless you want to go single.

Cuz stock turbos are weak.

Ceramic exhaust turbines = :thumbsdown:
14PSI gets boring after like… 20 minutes.