FS:House in Grand Is.Owner hold mortgage.GREAT deal for the right person

this seems like a great deal, when i got my house the previous owner did the same thing for me. Half cash up front and held the mortgage for a year until paid off. Cut out all of the BS costs that come with the realty company and banks. Just got a lawyer and had the papers done and signed in 2 days.

as long as the transaction is structured properly by you attorney(s), then that makes sense to me.

yes, businesses do it all the time. however, i would venture to guess that there is only a small percentage of residential real estate transactions that have the previous owner holding the mortgage.

I know someone who does it for immigrants that just moved to the US. He makes them put down 30%+. FYI that person teaches at UB.

dot.dot.dot…

Holding a mortgage is not uncommon at ALL… The deposit given usually is just a safety net, to cover closing costs if the buyer defaults on the “loan”

just call me when your ready brotha

I neither meant to offend you nor suggest that you are stupid. I actually assumed, having a lot of respect for your knowledge and experience in the real estate business, that if you are holding the mortgage then it is probably something standard that I have no knowledge of.

I was simply offering that there are a few things that you might want to clarify in case someone on the ignorant side of real estate, such as myself, was interested but scared off by something that “seems” sketchy but truly isn’t.

I apologize. I will stay out of your thread from here on out. Good luck.

Agree 100000%, i would trust D with anything of mine.

With the way the lending industry has become, people holding mortgages may become more common.