FS: My BMW for $650!!!!

All right everyone’s wanted this thing since I said I was thinking of selling it. But I don’t know who had “dibs” before whom, so I’m just gonna post it and the first one to get to it, gets it.

1985 BMW 325e. 5 speed. 2.7 liter inline 6. Nicely modded. GOBS of low end torque. I would estimate the crank hp at about 165hp, and the torque somewhere around 200 ft lbs. There’s a dyno graph somewhere, I’ll have to find it.

Black with tan leather interior. Mods include:
head shaved .020"
bigger throttle body and intake boot
modified 325i airbox
chipped, w/higher redline
8mm pllug wires
solid mount alternator (the ones w/bushings have problems)
bavauto springs, ~2.25" drop
short shifter with acura cl (or something) type s shift knob
black e46 drivers seat with custom brackets and sliders (coooomfortable).
88-91 325i exhaust manifolds (flow much better) with the according downpipes, cat, and cat back (it all flows much better than the e exhaust)
the tint in the back is darker, i think 5% but could be 20 i really dont remember. front is either 30 or 50%
sony cd player
volt gauge integrated in the center console

problems; its rusty. i didnt care how it looked, just that it was quick and a blast to drive. rwd is the shiznit. replace the fenders, hood and pass side door and it would look pretty decent. drivers door was recently replaced.
shifter bushings are very sloppy. drives fine, it never bothered me so I never replaced them
parking brake cable is mia.
rear subframe is in rough shape. Its not going anywhere, but I would recommend replacement asap. I found a subframe in Toronto for $75. I’ll go get it if I have time. bushings are $20 per side, so $40 for both. Trailing arm bushings are $30 for both. Do it yourself, or have a shop do it. will probably only take about an hour and a half, since the cat-back is already off. so like $100 for a shop to do it, or just do it yourself.
wiper motor freezes up sometimes. i guess there’s a problem in the design where grease builds up. So just clean it out. but I think I also have one I could include free with the sale. Also have a new aftermarket adjustable antenna I could include with the sale

car has kumho all seasons on the front, and studded snows on the back. both with plently of life left.

I will post pics in like a half hour when I get home from work.

FORGOT TO MENTION: a/c blows ice cold, was recharged last summer. motor has 240k, but obv came apart to do all the gaskets and seals, clutch, hg, belts and hoses, t stat, etc. This car is very reliable. Minus the subframe problem, there is nothing stopping this car from taking long trips. I would trust it anywhere. Chassis has 245k, but obv any necessary maintenance has been done. VERY RELIABLE.

edit: also forgot to mention it has been run on synthetic since break in, and oil and filter were just changed with that mobil 1 extended performance 15k oil.
power sunroof and power windows.

Hmmmmmm…

Would it make a good winter car if problems were fixed?

dude its a rwd wagon… sooo much fun.

someone needs to inform the dotterwich of this…

like dott’s needs another car!!! haha. i might be interested tho… check ur wtb thread

haha! no not the wagon, I wouldnt let that thing go for any less than $20k.

I’m selling my black coupe

and yes it would make an excellent winter car. tires are ready for winter. you have complete control (I’ve never gotten stuck long as I had good snows) and you can dorifto everywhere. I hopefully will never own fwd in the snow again. rwd is too much fun!

also, I believe this car has a 2.93 lsd. dorifto king, s0n

the pics will seal the deal;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Coldaccord/Davidskeyboard007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Coldaccord/Davidskeyboard008.jpg

:bloat: why is is to much?

its 1 of 8 in the country my friend

i get offers for straight up trades on m3’s all day long

/truth

GLWS, sounds pretty decent for the price if someone wants to put some work in it

Conforti chip?

no, not a jc chip. i dont remember the manufacturer

im seriously interested…

lmk when i can see it…

nice. i saw a similiar wagon on ebay a few days ago, not sure if its the same model and as rare, ill try and find the link… i just remember it was going for a lot of money early in the sale

glws

lol i woul dNEVER replave shifter bushings i liked the sloppy feel in my e30. when was the last timing belt done???

timing belt was done along with headgasket, all belts, seals, hoses, valve job, etc 40k ago, which was 2 years ago

a/c was serviced last summer

how reliable is this car if my cars done i may be lookin at this for something to drive

bill an e30 is more reliable than a honda

its also more rwd soo im really interested

def interested…love e30’s. tryin to sell the Bonneville to get money for this

hrm… I’m not selling the bonneville, but still interested.

and more cylinders with same MPG.