FS posts

Is there anyway that the mods can make it so that New members have to make a certain amount of posts before they can sell stuff, there seems to be an influx of new members just to sell unrelated car parts and other things, and I just think it would be a better way to make sure no one gets scammed.

Your right, I already mentioned it on passing to a few mods as well as in a thread here in Front Desk. Alot of people join for the sole purpose of selling their garbage.

Andrew.

This is an ok idea to get rid of some of the spam.
But… rules like this could make members miss out on some potentially good deals. ie: Someone just joining to sell their stock 240 because they figured it would be eaiser to sell on an club website than autotrader.

Making a post count rule could also lead to spam within other forums in order to get ones post count up so that they could sell.

Also, I doubt making this rule will make sure noone gets scammed, people have been scammed by other members with a post couns in here. We want to avoid this, but sometimes the situation more in your hands than ours.

I’m fine with the ‘Please introduce yourself in the intro section before you post’ rule.

We try to keep an eye on the Sale section to weed out spammers and things that noone would definitly want. (Remember that BMW wheel thread, drago went down for the count.) If anything catches your attention as odd, just give us a PM and we’ll look into it. Most of the mods are on here alot so the problem should get sorted out very quickly.

Ok cool that works.

How about when new members go to make a for sale post, It directs them to the rules site first, Or somthing. I dunno

I understand how this might make memeber miss out but in all honesty at least 9 out of 10 of these posts from people are just them trying to sell wheels that are overpriced and not our style or parts for cars that are not even 240’s. I would rather not have these people be able to sell untill they have been a memeber for a certian amount of time. I dislike when I see a memeber who has 8 posts selling stuff and all their previous posts are just them trying to sell junk.