FS: S13 with SR20DET; Certified and E-tested :: PRICE DROP!

Hi,

EDIT!!! CAR IS NOW CERTIFIED AND E-TESTED!

I am selling my 1990 240sx with SR20DET, it has around 200 000kms on the body, i’ve put less than 10 000kms on the sapposed 60 000kms engine. I just finished body work, and repainting the car. The body is in great condition, no rust. The underbody is great too, the frame is strong and in great condition. Car runs strong and is reliable, for example; from last september till december i was using the car as my daily driver to work from hamilton to brampton every day, with no problems. I’ve had the car for about 2 and a half years, and the SR20DET has been running strong in it for almost 2 years. The car should have around 200 RWhp at 8psi, so thats about 240 at the flywheel. Here is a list of modifications:

SR20DET
HKS super blow off valve
3" Megan racing catback and 3" Megan downpipe
3" high flow magana flow CAT
CP racing 5 puck clutch with rebuilt pressure plate
CP racing triangulated Strutbar
Walboro 255lph fuel pump, 300zx fuel filter.
Intake
Set of winter wheels with less than 3000kms on the fronts
Set of summer wheels
Sony CD deck, pioneer rear stock replacement speakers
***EDIT: I forgot Viper alarm system with keyless entry

These are the main mods I can think of off the top of my head, there are many little ones. The car comes with lots of spares, like steering wheel, transmission etc. I only use amsoil and royal purple engine and tranny fluid, car has new iriduim IX plugs and new o2 sensor, all maintanence parts.

Here are some pics, car’s alittle dusty.
http://www.son240sx.ca/cpgallery/albums/userpics/10160/240sx1.JPG
http://www.son240sx.ca/cpgallery/albums/userpics/10160/240sx2.JPG
http://www.son240sx.ca/cpgallery/albums/userpics/10160/240sx3.JPG
http://www.son240sx.ca/cpgallery/albums/userpics/10160/240sx4.JPG

This is an old picture, but shows the engine bay.
http://www.son240sx.ca/cpgallery/albums/userpics/10160/normal_engine.jpg

I am not selling because there is anything wrong with the car, because I can’t think of any problems. I need a better daily driver to get to work etc. I’m looking for $7000

`Nik

really nice car! Bump! :smiley:

is it certified and etested? also you said you just painted it? is that just moisture on the car besides dust? it looks kinda faded.

Its not certified or etested, though i doubt it needs much for the certification if anything, and should pass e test no problem.

The car looks dusty because i was polishing it, and i never washed the polish off, i expected driving on the highway in the rain would take care of it but i guess its oil based and rain didnt take care of it. Also there was a problem with the clearcoat, it dulled out the shine of the paint compared to before clearcoat. A few more polishes should shine it all up again.

This is it before clearcoat … very shiney, it will get that way again

http://www.son240sx.ca/cpgallery/albums/userpics/10160/normal_2005_0422paintingcar0014b.JPG

what kind of price are you looking at with it etested and safetied?

Depends how much it costs to certify, i cant see it needing much if anything. I dont really have the time right now to do that, well see what the week brings.

someone get this thing and PUT SOME FRIGGIN COILOVERS ON THE BISH!!!

Question, it looks like the front rad support is somewhat dented on the driver’s side. Is this just the picture or has this been accidented?

Well the rad support was damaged during the engine swap, i had the engine about 50% in and i had to tilt the engine more, so i quickly rested it on the rad support while i moved a hook, it was the only option.
Also, about a year ago an old lady pulled out in front of me, there was no permanent damage, a bent fender and a broken headlight, all is fixed, everything is great, this is not the reason for the rad support, but i feel i should mention it.

UPDATE!

Today i got the car certified and e-tested. The price is still $7000 because like i suspected, there was very little needed to pass the certification, and nothing to pass e-test.
If people are curious, to certify, it needed a new front left control arm joint thingy, and a few new bulbs.

i never do this,

but, niki is a good friend of mine, and i’ve had the pleasure to drive in his car many many a time, it’s never been abused, always well maintained, and built by a very talented guy.

It’s a great car for somone who wants to get into the ‘drifting scene’ you won’t find a nicer car, or a better deal.

btw…the car hauls ass.

did you get it professionally painted or did you do it yourself?

looks like it was painted right where the pic was taken…

He did it himself, I think he said he put 40 hours into the whole paint job…

Huh? :?

I did it myself, but it was done properly in a heated shop, with a compressor and paint gun. Andrew is right, it took me about 40hours, like ive mentioned before, there was a problem with the clear coat, that is why its not super shiney, but it can be fixed with a little elbow grease. It needs another polish and wax job. I washed her yesterday, ill post somemore pics.

Update,

Car is still for sale, i’m lowering the price until the certification is expired. I feel i should add: The turbo has no shaft play at all, and very little carbon in it (ie, great shape), i also did a major tune up to the car, fuel filter, spark plugs, TPS, MAFS, grounding kit, etc.

UPDATE: Car is going on autotrader tomorrow, and the certification expires in less than 2 weeks.

Do you have any rims for it, or is it gonna come with hubcaps when its sold. And also, was the certifications done according to standards, or just so that the car gets plated.

Car comes with 4 stock rims with tires, and the 4 winter rims with tires that are already on it, plus 2 more beater rims with tires.

The certification was done at a dealership and is 100% proper.

But looks like the car has found a new owner, if it falls through i will post here again saying it is still for sale.