FUCK DMV. AND NYS

damn :frowning: its a blue plate too :frowning:

Yup thatā€™s typical. Hell when our OFFICE WORKERS try to contact insurance services its not uncommon for them to sit on hold for a half hour +. DMV has plenty of staff they are just horribly distributed and leave gaping holes in service.

Our unit has 7 people to assist the entire states DMV offices and I generally field about 100 calls/day. It just seems like Iā€™m on shift alot because its easy to talk them thru stuff with my phone in my hand haha.

target practice now

To op, I had a similar problem when I tried to transfer my white plates from my shit green civic to the TL. The car had not been inspected and was atleast 6 months overdue. They wanted me to get that inspected before I could transfer anything or it would be temp. Civic wouldnt pass with cracked windshield and broken e brake cable, so after two trips and an hour on the phone with them, I took the orange plates. This was Kingston Dmv almost two years ago now.

Ugh donā€™t get me started on Kingston. I swear their supervisor will call us to ask permission to wipe her ass after taking a shit.

lol

Oh and they were super friendly. That was the day I was buying the TL and it turned into an all day ordeal. weeeeeeee

Saw thread Title on main page in recent threads, opened expecting KK rantā€¦ Was shocked to see it was not KKā€¦

Did not read whole thread but will agree the DMV sucks balls

They are nice down there. Just not capable of looking up info or making a decision on their own. Job security I guess haha.

my worst was getting my recent MK4 jetta out in Rhinebeck. I drove down on a weekend to see it, decided on buying it. Lined it all up for a weekday. Wife and I took half days and headed down. got there, made the deal, already printed out all the reg forms and everything needed to get plates and drive 2+ hours home with the car. Got there in 1.5 hrs prior to closing. Sat in fucking line for 50 minutes, got my number. 20 minutes left to close and my number comes up. The proof of insurance I had they wouldnā€™t accept because it didnā€™t have a bar code on it, but it says right on top ā€œThis is proof of inspection for state registration purposesā€ and had all the pertinent information on it. She said I could call my insurance co and fax something elseā€¦ My phone was in the wifes car, 5 blocks away downtown because there was NOWHERE to park. Wifes phone died while on hold with the insurance co! Cock suckers wouldnt let me use a ā€œstate phoneā€ to call. I ran out to a pay phone, got them to fax it in and it got there a few mins to close and they said they werenā€™t sticking around a second past that. I was about to drive it home with wifes carā€™s front plate on back of mine. luckily it worked out with seconds to spare.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/skierdood/FF252E6E-D3B6-43E4-AC98-C10FA3E72312-2827-0000038E15C35FC7.jpg

I still think people should have the option to pay the state an ā€œenvironmental feeā€ to waive the emmissions portion of the inspection, since we all know the bottom line is money.

yep, its bullshit. Opening a shop shows me this big time.

We can get some shitbox 1993 camery with 265Kmi, blowing by oil on the rings, exhaust falling off the heads, fenders flapping in the breeze from all the rust, $200 car to pass an inspection just fineā€¦ but a 2009 something or another throws a code for a pin hole leak in a vaccum line somewhere and thanks to the uber sensitive over complicated 4 ecu system it throws a code and costs hundreds to find the problem and replace a dumb little part.

But yeah, its all about the environment and having safe cars on the roads right! GTFO

To be fair, pre OBDII cars are now and soon will be almost all weeded out due to mother nature and time.

You canā€™t argue that the program is ineffective. It was never be mean to be immediate and long term it will be a ā€œsuccessā€ by their definition.

Iā€™m just curious to know why such a sensitive system that like KK said can pick up on a minuscule leak has to give us a code with such an obscure description. If it can sense something so small why canā€™t they program the code to say ā€œhey idiot replace this partā€?

Dude, p1399 random misfire. WHY U RANDOM!?!?!

The only one thatā€™s self explanatory that I always see is p1304 or something like that. ā€œO2 sensor bank 2 malfunction.ā€

Machines can rarely detect what part exactly is broken but they can easily detect that there is an issue and something is out of balance, thats where the troubleshooting, experience and training come in.

We have a $100,000,000 (yes millions) dollar machine at work which faults out quite often. The running joke in the crew is the error message that pops up when it faults out on certain parameters.

The error literally reads ā€œsomething went wrongā€

:rofl

why register it if youre not going to drive it? Just turn in the plates and get the remainder of the registration money back.