Fuckin Hard Drive

Thing Fuckin Died… WTF… where can i go to get the information off of it?

the coroners office for hard drives. Its downtown somewhere, by the federal building.

expensive? its under warranty from western digital… but i want my 30 gigs of music and shit

i am 4-1 on extracting data off of ‘dead’ harddrives

the drive that i was unsuccessful with made terrible clicking noises

mine doesnt spool… all it does is gets warm on the bottom. plus i have to send it back to westren digital. any way to extract the stuff off of it and still have it covered by warranty?

hahahahaha. Data recovery isnt covered under ANY warantee.

Shit cost upwards of 1500 bucks ave for recovery. PM me and Ill try to get you a copy of the program that my co uses lol.

Can you see the drive in disk management in XP? There might ber a chance, if it doesnt spin or recognize its going to be fucking impossable for someone like me to do it. Sometimes they have to take the platters out to recover the data lol.

nope no spool no recognize…

yea if it doesnt even spin its a doorstop, paperweight

fixed

i saw a 250gb yesterday for $120. I was amazed, haven’t bought computer hardware/software in over 3 years.

We had a bunch of drives go bad here at work. The disks were fine but the board was all fucked up. We swapped the little circuit board with a known good drive and got all of the info off of a few important drives.

:boink troof.

Usualy data recovery co take the platters and put them in special machine to do that.

Could try to swap that board like above… wish I woul dhave thought of that when my 40gig died over chrismas

not true

If just the board is bad it may not spin because of that.

power supply went… changed power supply and hard drive didnt spool… maybe board?