Fun little toy for next season

Just waiting on ViPEC, Jim Wolf Cams and a few other little bits, should be in and fired up around the new year if all goes well :slight_smile:

http://ww.mturck.com/350z/manycylinders.jpg

VK56DE out of a Titan, 4000 miles from Nissan. Been sitting in a crate at a race shop out west for a few years.

I’m a bit excited :slight_smile:

What are you putting it in?

wicked, build thread?

It’s going in my 350z. I’ll put a build thread up when I actually make progress, I still have 5 more days in the car this year. Saturday at Shannonville, 2 days at Watkins Glen with Porsche Club, and the final Clubloose event of the year. So until that stuff is done it’s just parts gathering, prep, etc.

are you concerned about hood clearence? the intake mani looks awfully tall. don’t know too much about these things. are they similar to the vq45de engines?

peace

Nice…V88 is gonna make that thing sing.

What do you plan on using for a tranny? I’ve seen people attempt to use the 350z 6 spd, but they never turned out.

The intake is an easy solve. Custom.

Custom intake, ViPEC V88, Long Tubes, Jim Wolf S2 Cams, 350z 6speed with stock driveshaft. There is an adapter plate for the trans that works quite nicely. :slight_smile:

Ridiculous, Build thread ./

Nice…

please make some itb’s for this thing.

fucker would make ears weep.

damn this thing is gonna be a monster

quit holding us in suspense :mad: lol

560Z sounds amazing, cant wait for the videos!

Figured I’d put up some updates to this. I’ve been working on the car pretty much everyday atleast 20-30 minutes (sometimes 4+ hours hahaha… FML). Just trying to get the car prepped for ProAM Atlanta and DMCC East in the spring.

A few pics, starting to prep for next year.

Here is how fucked the radiator was for the last session @ ClubLoose. Ran it like this after the crash ratchet strapped to the radiator with the hole filled with Water Weld putty.

U shaped and wavy.

Stock Steering angle:

Angle I did the final event of ClubLoose with (ok, it’s off about 4 degrees):

New steering angle:

Side skirts, fenders, hood, removed. I was tempted to include “bumper” in this post, but well… hahahaha.

Before:

After:

(sorry for the blur, was holding camera above my head and didn’t realize they were blurry till I came inside for the night).

The heat shield makes it easier to service the VK once it’s installed and HOPEFULLY will allow me to run the intake backwards so I don’t have to cut a stupid hole in my hood like this:

http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/8960885+w750+st0/130_0612_22_z+2006_nissan_350z_roadster+throttle_body.jpg
(Forsberg’s car circa '05 or '06 IIRC)

That is the stock transmission position, obviously that won’t do, it sits WAYYY to far forward. You can see where the old firewall started along the wavy edge where I’ve been drilling and breaking spot welds out. That is just heat shielding and not the true firewall.

Working on more engine bay room. Another 2" or with the last heat shield removed. Need to trim the bridge that the body harness used to sit on and then go back and have some stitch welding done and the towers tied into the cage. I’m trying to get a little bit done each night. Goal is to test in late Feb/Early march.

Finished up the firewall trimming and grinding. Now I need to wash the engine bay and then get some stuff welded up. Waiting on the trans adapter plate before we can do the test mounting of the drivetrain. The reduction of the fake firewall will help push the motor back an additional 4" or so.

Also took the vinyl off the other side of the car. Just have the rear end, windshield and a pillars to go.

Car is completely sticker free (minus the revmat.ch sticker in the corner window). Spent a ton of time removing adhesive, tar, bits of rubber, etc from the paint. Looking forward to being able to roll it again hopefully in a few weeks so I can get it detailed and then get the new bodywork painted. I’m very “meh” on the new front bumper. The real reason I selected it was because it’s one of the few polyurethane bumpers for a 350z that doesn’t look like complete dogshit. It’s an ings+1 it’ll be painted white with black accents like on Tyler McQuarrie’s car (imagine his teal as white, same black accents though).

http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/images/2009/tylermcquarrie-pits.jpg

Anyway, couple photos, also been working on the VK, and doing suspension work on the Z :snky:

That’s pretty much where I am right now. Goal is to have the motor fired up just after New Years. Working on a template for my trans adapter plate tonight :slight_smile:

what are you doing with the 35?

Oh sick, you running the intake mani in reverse? Good way to clear the hood I guess?

Going to try! If it doesn’t work I’ll just put ITB’s or a blower on it hahahaha.

It’s for sale, complete with harness, ECU, accessories, tin, sensors, mounts, etc. Just haven’t listed it yet. If you’re interested shoot me a message.

maybe in the new year…

You should get someone to make a less homo intake manifold! lol

P.S.
What do you do for a living?
You can PM me that if you want.