Fun to Drive Routes/Roads

Does anybody have any fun routes to drive on in the Pittsburgh area? I’m just curious because I always hear how people find these awesome roads (empty, twisty, good visibility) on forums and magazines but I never find any really.

There is a route I like to take instead of the parkway going from the Irwin area to Century 3. You turn off of Route 30 and go through Whiteoak and stuff. Busy sometimes, but when it isn’t the twisty parts are fun as well as the road next to the railroad tracks.

I also found one around here (PSU Beaver) but kind of dangerous because it’s hard to see around the bends so you have to slow down a ton constantly in case there are cars/gravel/deer/cows/etc.

So anything good?

lime hollow rd in penn hills ftw!

I like to drive Broadhead Rd. starting at University Blvd. all the way out to Chippewa.

lougey rd or however its spelled, right off of 22 in monroeville after sears and before rodi rd. super switch backs but pretty short.

Blackburn Road in Sewickley/Sewickley Heights is nice, but you gotta watch your speed.

mre :kekegay:

every road can be fun if you go fast enough :slight_smile:

Turkey hollow road in Belle Vernon/rostraver area

Noblestown Rd. Between Carnegie and Oakdale

i can get lost for days on backroads in imperial headingo out to burgetstown

Rt. 910 is a cool drive when there’s no traffic.

Shoulda asked me the other day! There are tons of empty country roads out this way. Some funner than others depending on what gets you off. Even that road I live on gets fun if you keep going out towards the woods. The fastest way to Cranberry from Rochester/Monaca is to take these short cuts. :slight_smile:

X2
And all the backs roads of Elizabeth/Boston/Buena Vista/West Newton from the river up to the top of the hill.
Any road, anywhere, that has two names and the second one is “Hollow”… i.e. Sleepy Hollow, or Happy Hollow, Hungry Hollow, etc…
Speeking of Happy Hollow, it’s right outside my front door and it is my test 'n tune tweaking track. Plenty of others, too, since it has the rubber tracks on the road everywhere to prove it. Lots of positraction in these parts from the looks of it. Some of it probably remnents of Sonny and Dom from back in the day.

x2 love those roads. There are lots of nice ones leading out of Bridgeville heading East. Fresh pavement, wide lanes make for killer driving sessions

agreed. elizabeth, coulter, shaner, guffy, sutersville all have awesome roads.

fern hollow, little sewickley creek too

mt nebo running along 79 by the target is freshly paved!

where atr on happy hollow? my mom lives there. i was just there the other day

Right at corner of Rte. 48 and Happy Hollow. Usually a big-ass RV sitting in driveway, but it’s getting serviced and winterized over in Finleyville now. What used to be some woods across creek is now a new grass yard. That’s what most locals know about; I got asked every day if someone was building a new house there, but it’s just me clearing it out for a bigger yard.
You talking Elizabeth? Because practically ever place I’ve lived has a Happy Hollow somewhere.

Not near the Burgh, but there are a ton up around Seven Springs.

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/pa.html#pr