most SCENIC road in wny

The trouble with WNY isnt the economy or the politicians, its that there’s no good driving roads! Where are the hills and the bridges, the tunnels and the turns?

I need to find a nice open road with plenty of hills, VERY few, or no red lights. Free of traffic. That sort of thing. I haven’t though of this until now, so I havent gone looking yet. So if I can’t find a good road, i hope to at least get some ideas.

Maybe something in East Aurora? Maybe something down 20A or 78? Lockport? Probably not… So how about some suggestions? I’ll report back after a hopefully long cruise within the next few days.

and something a little scenic would definitely help, too. theres a nice little bit in West seneca here, on Leydecker. its got a nice downhill, a good long scenic bridge, and a few nice twisties. the only problem is that its so darn short! nice little 10 seconds or so though… anyone have a bit like this?

a pinpoint on google maps could help too… maybe i can make a map with all the different spots pinpointed on it, even if just for my own reference.

oh and definitely tunnels too, anyone know of a single other tunnel other than aero drive in cheektowaga by the airport? gotta love the sound of tunnels…

basically, just fun smooth roads to drive on and enjoy the nice weather, be it on a car or bike, doesnt matter. maybe a couple of photo oppurtunities as well.

seriously, thy locked your original thread with the same topic? are you dumb?

HAHAH WOW DUDE YOU FUCKING SUCK.

:squint:

There is a bunch of fun & cheap driving to be had around here actually. Sanctioned, medical staff on hand, etc… so you can really push your Tib.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47009

Hills? Turns? Photo-ops?

adirondack region. make sure your brakes work. all the hills/turns/bridges you could want. sometimes all at the same time.
or check out the catskill region… go to albany, south to rhinebeck, the west just a little. don’t try to test yourself if you suck at driving, b/c you’ll probably fall down a mountain.

edit…
just noticed this is attempt #2 by this guy to make this thread…

take it to a track if you plan on driving like an asshat… have you watched the news at all this year?

yes ive watched the news, and was good friends with the brother of the recent mustang driver on transit road, and that happened around the block from me.

i cannot make it more clear that im looking for a nice road to drive to, nothing more.

lol, and hopefully something closer than the adirondacks

Many of us here were friends with Mark and Mel.

Rt. 77>all. It takes you down to farmersville/arcade area. From there you can go further south or just keep goin straight on rt.98. Its gorgeous country down there.

Are there any places like this in the surrounding states like PA, with a speed limit of 65-70? I enjoy sweeping turns around that speed, but I’d LOVE to do it legally.

you also like to sweep into turns and put your car into a curb :slight_smile:

Hence me wanting to do it safely somewhere lol

hey, at least you learned from it.

Every day I look at my phone and see my old car as my background and it makes me realize how bad I fucked up. I miss and love that car SO much. It’s 13245 times better than my new car.:tantrum:

Yes I definitely learned from my stupid ass mistake.

If theres one thing people like myself NEED to learn is, you can NOT drive as good as you think you can. I’m extremely unskilled behind the wheel of a motor vehicle just like everyone else my age.

its just better to spend the money and go to a track day. thats most scenery your gonna see anyways, from the trip out there and back, to some of tracks having pretty sweet layouts. why risk speeding tickets and having someone cut you off/hit a pothole/converge with a cop. in the end its just not worth it. just lock this thread before someone condones some really stupid shit.

No it’s NOT!
Mk5>mk4

don’t lie.

old car was 6spd manual, and leather.
this is dsgay and cloth, non heated cloth.

Black 03 Hyundai Tiburon 6-speed GT: f/l bumper, f/l headlights, Borla exhaust, AEM CAI, 20% tints, 8000k HIDs heads/fogs, billet grill, tinted tails and black T-emblems by FFF, full Alpine type-r sound, MidnightWolf interior styling

20% tints.

Yeah, you’re clear for a downhill twisty road at 70mph.

hey, you bought it.
but still, I’d take my mk5 over my mk4 any day.

steve learned at least, but still going that fast isnt that safe either still.

if you go past chesnut ridge you hit more of the country roads. there is also the back roads of EA but they are bumpy.