Further proof what a joke immigration has become

I do think it is stupid and they don’t need to take the land, but I am gonna go ahead and assume the $40,000 was based on what the land was assessed at and what they had been paying taxes on. The gov CAN take your land if they want and it doesnt even have to be a very good reason. Pretty much anything they say is in the public’s interest, as long as they pay you just compensation. If you have been paying property taxes on land assessed at $40,000, then that is what you agreed it was worth.

Worth has nothing to do with taxes. It is worth ALOT obviously, the .gov wants it so bad they are going to take it. If it wasn’t worth much, they would move on.

Its like saying that my car is only worth the ammount I paid for it, or my house is only worth the purchase price. Things increase in value sometimes, and its because it has greater value to people based on its intended use.

Its all fun and games, until they want to take your house and will only pay its tax assessment price. FWIW, I just bought a house for 113k, its value for taxs is 25k, so you think that its right to pay me 25k and then take my house and land?

no shit, that wasn’t the point I was making, the point I was making is, people question why we focus SO much on the Mexican border than we do on the Canadian border. The want it so both borders are “secure”

But why worry about the pinhole in the dam, when there is a 12ft hole in it?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g96ou3gObATTRhBSam6YNGSjmJfwD9FSOND00

After a lot of public outcry, a VT senator is pushing to have the crossing closed. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

:tup:

Hopefully it happens.

Agreed. If they say they MUST spend that amount of money to have that crossing remain open, then close the crossing. Many less terrible ways to piss away millions of dollars.

OMG, this just had my LOLing on this topic:

Republican Gov. Jan Brewer’s re-election campaign is aiming to sell Arizona’s new immigration law to voters with a new new sing-along video starring a puppet with striking resemblance to Sesame Street’s Kermit the Frog.

The one-minute spot comes roughly a month after Brewer signed-off on controversial immigration legislation that critics argue will lead to racial profiling.

In the video with the frog puppet, Brewer mocks her opponents who have come out against the law, but admit to not having actually read its text in full.

“O.K. kids, ready? let’s sing along,” flashes across the screen in the beginning of the spot. Then to a children’s tune, “Kermit” reminds Brewer’s political foes – who are belittled to youngsters – that “reading is, really super swell.”

The NYSpeed generation elected a president. Is it any big surprise that no one on his staff reads beyond the first couple of lines before responding? Have you ever read a thread on this or any other message board? It’s the instant communication generation man, we have no time to READ!