Illegal Immigrants

So?

Should they be able to skip the wait for normal immigration and apply for US citizenship?

Or should they get sent back, and like every other immigrant, have to apply and wait?

I’ll share MY thoughts as a 1st gen child of an immigrant later.

If I spelled anything wrong it’s all mr. crown royal’s fault

if they should be allowed to skip normal immigration. i should be allowed to withdraw money from my bank account by taking it straight out of the banks vault

Where’s this skip the line proposal?

That seems to be what is happening. I don’t think it’s a completely legit proposal, but a lot of the INS guys are offering that.

Fucking nutso

I’m not against LEGAL immigration, but the word “ILLEGAL” seems pretty cut and dry to me…kick 'em the hell out and make them come back LEGALLY.

Just because you evaded getting caught for 5 years shouldn’t give you a free pass. That’s like saying you robbed a 7-11 but didnt get caught for 5 years. “Well since you managed to make it 5 years without us finding you touche, you’re free to go.” That’s complete BS.

Seriously, how many other countries would allow illegal immigrants to stay if they got caught? All this PC stuff has turned us into a country with no balls.

Deport ILLEGALS.

Legal Immigrants, good
Illeglal Immigrants (regardless of race, ethnicity, or country of origin), bad

If an illegal wants to become a citizen they should have to go through the same process as everyone else, they should not be given any special rights

forget about illegal immigrants.

i think it’s more important for them to legalize the new rule for the LEGAL international students with (or pursuing) an advance degree in math, and sciences to get green card once they get a job here in the States.

it’s called the F-4 Visa under Specter and Frist Bill…

There may be special circumstances where a person may be an illegal immigrant, but never really had residence in any other country. For example, (this is a true story that I heard on WBEN a couple weeks ago) a guy was born in Mexico, and his parents immigrated illegally bringing him with when he was really young (a few weeks to a couple months). This guy has no legal documentation, but has never called any place other than America “home”.

IMO: if the illegal immigrant is actually productive to society, he shouldn’t get citizenship right away, but he could get a handicap on the citizenship test. If an illegal was deemed to be a leech on society, they would be deported immediately, to the farthest end of his home country. (ie: Mexicans would get deported to somewhere on the Yucatan peninsula). If they really want to live in our country, they will work their way to our border willing to actually go through the whole process the right way. If they try to sneak in again, they should be shot on sight.

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American…There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907

I’m willing to be leinent on immigration topic. Simply because our country was built on the backs of immigrants. And then there is the basic fact that most immigrants have such a better knowledge of the United States than likely more than 75% of naturalized citizens.

If they can read, write, and speak english, and are capable of proving themselves to be capable of providing good to society, than I have no problems with them being around.

Odds are pretty good that they have incredible work ethics, which says a lot in comparison to all the naturalized citizen slobs milking the public assistance programs currently.

^ That should be for the LEGAL immigrants…

if you remember…back in those days, those who didn’t qualified actually got shipped back from Ellis Island back to their respective contries? lol…

My dad came to this country legally and so should everyone else.

It took this country years to get our economy to where this is “fair” wages and safe working conditions. Who is regulating whether or not the buisness that exploit illegals is safe and fair?

This whole situation is a step backwards for our country.

Put up a fence and begin imprisonning those who exploit illegals.

think about the price jump in many goods and services if Illegal immigrants were all forced out immediately…

How many businesses depend on cheap labor to remain competitive?

I am not saying it is right, but pointing that out.

well, if they forced all of them out…

those busineness will be “forced” to hire the legal american workers. So, instead all of them slacking around, they will be forced to work on those jobs…which btw, some said that the americans don’t really want to do those “low” jobs…

3 entries found for Illegal.
il·le·gal ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-lgl)
adj.
Prohibited by law.
Prohibited by official rules: an illegal pass in football.
Unacceptable to or not performable by a computer: an illegal operation.

n.
An illegal immigrant.

ILLEGAL! How hard is it.

WHO IN A POSISTION OF POWER IS SAYING THAT THEY SHOULD BE GIVEN A FREE RIDE TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE?

Unless it’s political asylum, it should be hard as hell to become a citizen here. We really should let only the best and the brightest in, because we really don’t need more backwoods retards in this country. I like the military as a way of becoming a citizen, it shows you’re dedicated to it, and hell, our military pays a bit better than a lot of under developed countries.

No papers = bullet

lol - some of you guys are so damn uptight in regards to this issue - why do you even care what the policy is considering Buffalo isn’t exactly the hotbed of illegal aliens in the country.

out here on the west coast, it is a major issue. But no one is suggesting that people here without proper authorization will magically gain citizenship. It takes years of sponsorship / application / money and not to mention luck in order to get a green card - and that is applicable to HIGHLY QUALIFIED candidates (ie CEOs, Doctors, Professors, etc). This policy is not going to change anytime soon.

As far as I’m concerned, every “illegal” should be treated the same way a Cuban citizen is - as soon as they touch land, they should be allowed to claim amnesty. Its fucking bullshit that we treat people different depending on where they’re from.

Actually, there is something called Statue of limitation in both civil and criminal cases. If a person is not accused within a certain time of an offence, he cannot be tried. Federal and nys limitation on robbery is actually 5 years, so if I rob a 7-11 and don’t get caught and charges aren’t filed within 5 years, I get away scott free.

As far as immigrants, I am all for legal immigrants, but if you don’t have your papers, bye bye.