Further proof what a joke immigration has become

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/05/20/its-your-land-fighting-for-the-family-farm/

Yeah, they just have to take this families farm to build a state of the art customs station to protect that 40 car per day crossing between Vermont and Canada because it’s “a critical post 9/11 security issue”. Don’t bring up the practically wide open border between the US and Mexico though.

9/11 was almost 10 years ago. So, the terrorists have been using that crossing for a decade so far? Nice…

As for the “need” to use the money, that’s ridiculous. They should keep the land they have the same and just update the technology.

EDIT: 90 new jobs?! NINETY? for 40 cars a day? WTF? What are those 90 new people going to do all day?

while we are on the topic:

How about this one?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/05/20/michelle.obama.immigration/index.html?hpt=P1&iref=NS1

I got a little adrenaline running through me when I read:
“There was a Supreme Court decision that makes it clear that if there’s proof of residency in the county, then we educate the child,” Tofig said.

So, let me get this right… they can live somewhere, pump out kids, don’t pay taxes and the actual citizens get to front the bill? Am I getting that correct? :fu: Or, by “proof of residency” does that mean “paying school taxes”?

Holy fuck. Totally RIDICULOUS. It’s fucking rural Vermont and rural Canada right there. Average traffic is 2 cars per hour. That could be handled by a fucking gas station sized operation with two (for safety reasons) guards.

It will be pathetic if the politicians allow this to go through.

That is just :worf:

Stupidity at its finest there

We already pay hundreds of thousands of people to secure our nation maybe we should bring them back to our nation to do the job. This isn’t the 1940s, we don’t need troops all over the world. WE NEED THEM HERE! They could be shoulder to shoulder along our borders.

:???:

^I don’t know what that smilie means.

It means that your observation was a large leap from the facts. In fact its almost the exact opposite of our current situation, I’d say that: Its not 1940 anymore, we need troops in different parts of the globe. Not a single person who has been involved in ANY of these terrorist plots have hopped the boarder illegally. However, our offensive operations in other countries has affected the training, finances, and general will of extremist terrorists.

gov offered them 40k for 5 acres? lol :\

Hi, we’re putting you all out of jobs but we’re giving you 40k!
But hey, we’re creating 90 NEW jobs, none of which you have a chance in hell of getting! cya!

(p.s. i’m sure they’ll relocate people to that facility that are “properly trained”… benefiting the current towns population none)

^^I guess, if you buy into that. :gotme:

this is clearly a political thing…because people say “well if we really need to secure our nations borders, what about Canada?”

USA is all about equal opportunity…if they wanna secure the borders to the south, they need to do the same up north

as far as what? them creating 90 new jobs?
or them relocating people to the building?
Because I doubt people in a small rural farming town have the skills to run it.

We don’t have 12.5 million illegal Canadians in our country.

That’s the first thing that came to my mind. What a load of shit. This seems to be that families livelihood that they are taking away. $40k isn’t going to do fuck all.

LOL. Perfect response. Thank you.

Clearly people still come across the Canadian borders illegally, but that is a far cry from the problems we are seeing from the south.

Saying that if we’re going to get serious about our borders we have to do stuff like this now makes no sense.

It’s like me saying I’m going to get serious about better insulating my home and starting by replacing a tiny skylight with some $10000 high end energy star one, while ignoring the fact the entire back wall of my house is missing.

Use your resources where they make the largest impact FIRST!

That makes way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much sense for our govt to do.

Fucking awesome.

Not only is 40K nothing, 40K for 5 acres! $8,000 per acre that feeds feed a farm. What a joke. I’d sue the government for the worth of the farm.

Zing lol

I hate the government so much. I can’t get a title for my Crown Vic here in Texas because NYS is ran ass backwards.