Future of Automobiles

Just wondering what people think will happen to automobiles in the future.

I think at some point automotive manufactures will offer more alternatively powered cars then gasoline powered cars (example ford will offer 5 alternatively powered cars and say 2 gasoline) I was thinking that this might start happen after the horsepower thing that seems to be going on will hit a point, maybe b/c of fuel prices, or maybe b/c of emissions, or maybe something else. But I think at some point in most of our lifetimes (next 50-60 years) most or all gasoline-powered cars will be replaced with electric or other sources of power.

What’s everyone else’s take on this? Or have a theory of their own.

they should stop making cars all together and make everyone restore or repair the cars that already exist. Whats coming out now is garbage anyway

electric

electric cars… 100hp/700tq @ 2000rpm heh

:rofl: i never thought of it that way

hover crafts

Only for people under 150# :rofl:

lol. dont electric motors produce full TQ at 0 or 1 rpm

But i was thinking about how the cars in the 60s started going crazy with HP rating, then in the 70s the gas stuff happened and emissions so there were nomore insane powerhouses. but its happening agian, and im thinking whats going to happen with this spike in engine power, will it fall off from high gas prices and go to electric, or will it just keep going till we are all driving 500hp cars from the factory.

super ultra mega lean burn gas engines…

70mpg small four bangers

I think we in the beginning of a very long HP war between companies. We now have the technology to make HP and keep it clean and still get good gas mileage. But it will come to an end and hopefully the hybrid/electric cars are advanced enough to satisfy our need for speed.

yes, and they don’t lose torque either. they also are not suseptable to the hp = torque at 5250rpm either.

Electric motors also produce massive amounts of torque compared to HP… kind’ve like a diesel.