FWD sr20 in Altima

hey guys a buddy of mine has a 94 Altima GXE and hes contemplating a SR20DET transplant into his car but there is a couple of fwd / awd sr20 motors like the Pulsar, G20, Blue bird any of you guys had experience with fwd sr20 motors? and have an idea of which 1 he should grab?

thanks your help is appreciated.

i know the bluebirds come with the sr…FWD…i think he should go with that one, dont try the awd…sounds like a pain in the arse

It’s not bolt-on like the S-chassis though, even the bluebird swap. I’ve heard it’s not easy, but do-able.

would the Pulsar GTIR motor fit in there? or would i need custom mounts and extensive fabrication to?

I’ve got a buddy that put the sr2o from a blue bird in his 2003 sentra, fwd. He hated the swap, it was the most annoying and frustarting thing he did to the car. Its fast as hell, but a lot of work, to get it to fit right.

if you get a AWD engine, the tranny from a 88 pulsar SE with the CA18DE will work and it takes quite a bit of power reliably too.

the B15 sentra 2.0L tranny will work too.

the guys at tiger japan say i can get the AWD/FWD engine and tranny with evrything except the engine mounts for 800