FYI: APD has a new cop car

seriously tho, how the hell is a v6 impala gonna keep up in a high speed persuit or w/e…“Sorry Dispatch, I lost em, my 3900 doesn’t have enough balls!”

ROFL

Monroe county sheriffs have a few new toys they are trying out. a Mustang GT. 2 charger Srt-8s with reinforced trans and huge rad. and the New impala SS’s. So at least Monroe county knows whats up.

And besides the current crown vics are slow as fuck, there just 4.6l with mustang heads on them. and still fucking heavy.

Segway with the police package engine? :wink:

impala is a 5.3 liter v8

so the impala is the SS…gotcha…so the older (2003 style) Impala’s have supercharged 3.8’s?

beat me to it…yesterday i was getting on the 90 at William, and saw it and was in disbelief…i couldnt tell if it was really a cop or not…and i wanted to catch up to see for sure…but then i figured it wasn’t a good idea to fly up on a car that was potentially a cop…

No, a 05 style one. Its black :slight_smile:

and no the 03 era impals never came with the supercharged 3800s as GM never made a police package for them.

However the 03 Era Impala’s did offer an SS Model, that boasted a Supercharged 3800 Series II. I’ve detailed a couple of them @ work.

Yes an SS model was offered, I know that. but they didnt make a POLICE package with that upgrade. Just a stock 3800.

Oh. LOL, I’m thick- sorry. But, that still blows! :frowning:

Yea the RPD cops whine all the time becuase they cant keep up and have to use the radios to nab people.

:bump:
It turns out it was an UB cop car. They had an article in the student paper this week saying UB is getting rid of the crown vics and buying chargers.

if it’s a UB cop then what the hell was is doing way out by me? i saw it getting on the 90 at william…hardly anywhere near UB…

How sir are mustang heads different from any other 4.6L head…

Please do tell :slight_smile:

From the factory there is NPI and PI, the mustang never had unique heads.

The only unique heads was the SVO heads which come from the FRPP catalog, and cost a ton of bucks, and they deffinitely were not on a production car.

because other police departments in the area were probably trying them out also.

i work at the UBPD and we are getting 4 new chargers, but they are the V6 models, and they will be all white (so far) but sean (officer K) was also correct because before they bought them there was a canadian one with onterio plates on it…

amherst has a new silver completely unmarked impala… its an 03ish style

and i saw a LIGHT BLUE crown vic between amherst and tonawanda on the blvd… i belive its also amherst… completely unmarked…

i saw the same car, white charger with the light bar on transit by main street

Nfta is also getting a few chargers for the fleet. dunno V8 or V6. tho.