FYI, maybe vlad was right...

Since I started CRC, I had more than a handfull of people come in I ask one way or another if they ever heard of Shift518.

Now, almost all of them say the same thing “Ohh that place, I wont post there they all seem like assholes.” or something to that effect. Point being, they came, we all gave them shit, then they left or just trolled.

So this past weekend I got a call on the shop number (he from here) asking if I can tig weld, and make a AFI downpipe fit better on his civic. Its his daily and needed a solution quick so he could get to work. I said sure and come down in a few hrs and Ill do it for ya. Long story short, he is a super nice guy, very respectfull and polite. Infact he even gave me a tip with his payment. He’s a car guy like all of us and enjoys what he has into his cars just like everyone else. We came up with a game plan of how to cut up a brand new $400 downpipe and made it work perfectly, and enjoyed doing the work more importantly.

Point is, I know we all are a close knit group of people, but the only way we will ever meet and include good new people is if we dont act like this:

http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=29947

The guy I met this weekend is Progress.

well, fwiw who goes to a new forum, starts a thread about illegal street racing, and only says “what’s poping”

he deserved every response he got for that

Guess your right. Maybe he could have expressed it a bit differently. :dunno

Hahah that post he started was awesome. Def was just a good read.

It’s def a give and take thing. If you come here giving shit you will most likely get shit in return. I don’t consider myself close knit with really anyone on here. Hell aside from brief meetings with members at shift events and for service requests I wouldn’t have any idea who anyone was IRL. Yet I don’t find myself being bullied into leaving the forum. I just try to act in a responsible (for the most part, we all have bad days) manner and if I don’t know something I try not to act like I do.

same here.

darwinism