(FYI) Ticketed for being in Zoar Valley (wtf?)

That does suck. I’ve never been there but looks like a nice place. On one hand if someone paid for the land it’s there’s and can do what they want with it, but without signs I don’t see how they can ticket you. I believe that it is the owner’s responsibility to install a permanent sign if they don’t want people there since they know it is a popular place to go. But on the other hand, it’s a work of nature and should be open to the public so everyone can enjoy it.

When I went back home to NH earlier this year, my brother and I took out the quads and went to a run of power lines a couple miles behind my parents house. We have been riding and hunting out there for close to 15 years. But some guy bought the land, didn’t post it, but stepped out from behind a bush while we were riding and kicked us off. He said that he liked small towns but always has to move because no one in the towns like him(I wonder why).

Either way, it shouldn’t be our tax money paying for the patrols through private/posted land. If the owner wants to make sure no one is there then he should pay for private security.