g35 = a Skyline ??

so my girlfriend was tell me the other day that in Japan G35’s are commonly called skyline’s and are considered to be the transition between the R34 and the R35 … any one else know about this or got any sort of info about it , i thought it was kinda odd … but i guess its kinda liek how many ppl call 350’s fariladys here…yeah?

yes.

And this has been discussed here before. Welcome to the future, Marty.

My girlfriend came back from Japan this summer and showed me a bunch of pictures. I gave her a list to look out for and she said she couldnt find any sos he just took pictures of random cars. By chance i got a g35 sedan picture that says skyline clearly accross the back. I’ll try to find that and post it.

Yes G35’s are called Skyline’s in Japan. but not R35 or anything. There is no R35 for the matter. The next car is GTR, no skyline name at all. My car’s called Fairlady in Japan, but 350Z here. Just a difference in north american and japanese markets so Nissan decides to give out different names.

Same for Mazda 3 and mazda 6. They’re called Axela and Atenza (or something like that). Same for many other cars.

I feel like i’m in a timewarp. (sorry saw the rocky horror picture show again just recently)

I thought we all knew about the Z vs. the Fairlady

and the skyline family.

I think the new skyline is called the V35. which is basicly the same as the G35 here. exept they can get all-whell drive and cool stuff like that.

Haven’t you seen riceboys rebadging their G’s as a Skyline 350GT yet? Methinks you don’t go to the markham/scarb area enough.

The G35 sedan available here also has the ATESSA(I think) AWD system as an option.

Correct, the G35x is a AWD Sedan with a newer version of the ATTESSA-ETS system.

And yes, plenty of people around toronto rebadge their G35’s with Skyilne or 350GT. As well as 350Z with Fairlady Z. I’m thinking of putting a Fairlady Z myself :smiley:

this one time i hit vtec in a g35 skyline

oh because i was reading CARBOY magazine and they kept on referring to the 2008 GT-R as a R35 , so I assumed it was a official factory name , my bad

hahaha
thats funny.

oh because i was reading CARBOY magazine and they kept on referring to the 2008 GT-R as a R35 , so I assumed it was a official factory name , my bad[/quote]
R32-R34 were the chasis codes of the 89+ Skyline GT-Rs, much like S13, S14 etc for the 240sx/180sx/Silvia.
The new GT-R is NOT an evolution of the R series chassis, it’s an entirely new chassis, they are trying to move it away from being a ‘super tuner’ version of a ‘regular car’.

It won’t be an “R35” since even the ‘regular’ Skyline is now a ‘V35’ chassis.

(The ‘new’ Sentra is no longer a B chassis car either)

i was at yorkdale jus a few mins ago and i saw a white g35 badged with the skyline name bhind it…damn ricers