G35 Coupes..

Anyone on here know alot about them? I am too lazy to look for more G35 boards online. I have found a few, but they kinda sucked.

I’m just curious as to what changes they made over the years, hp ratings, any good or bad years, good or bad options, recalls, problems, etc., etc…

Also isnt the current generation G35 getting a face lift soon?

Any info/links/pics or whatever are apprciated. Thanks.

stying updates/newer engine are coming soon. Currently theres only been one engine for the coupes, the 3.5L 280hp v6 shared with the 350z. Essentially the coupe is a more refined luxury 350z. I’ve always loved this car, great styling, fast enough, great price. As far as I know with many cars stay away from the first model year (at least with the 350 which had a rough start from what I hear) but reliability should be excelent. A lot of people love these cars so if your looking into buying one I’d go drive one and see for yourself.

i know there sexy and powered by nissan and thats about that

I hope this is a GEO replacement!

^ haha the prizm is far too pimp to let go of. :wink: I am just looking to get pretty edumacated on these cars again since I will most likely be making some changes come spring. You can get a used low mileage coupe nowadays for a pretty damn good price :tup:

<3 G35 coupes. I approve.

Now the sedan is another story. Blegh.

my folks have a g35 coupe 6 speed

mom drives it everyday to and from work and everything - she loves it

my dad drives it occassionally on weekend(stubborn when it comes to admitting cars are sweet) - he loves it

ive driven it, beat the shit out of it, it does sweet smoke shows, ass end swings nicely, bombs through traffic, very comfortable - i fucking love that thing

shes got the brembo package…it saved my ass once, long story, but essentially i was on a bridge doing 130 and i was in the middle lane, 2 fucking bimmers where in the lanes next to me right in my blind spots. checked my shoulder quick to change lanes(at 130), saw these cars who i didnt even know i was racing, and i was coming up on the car i was trying to pass REALLY fucking fast. Got on them brakes and stopped on a dime, they didnt get soft or anything. eric416 will agree when i say that we would have been fucked if i couldnt stop like that.

Not sure what year Nissan bumped up hp from 280 to 300 for the 6MT version. G35 is a longer wheelbase version of the 350Z.

The first two years of the G35 Coupe had Brembos when you bought a 6 speed.

They are slightly slower than the 350Z but it has back seats which is a +1 for functionality over the Z.

They are very nice. I have been looking at them lately, unfortunately its just looking at this point.

its a slighty heavier and more luxurious 350z in a nutshell…i would rock one hardcore…they seem to be the upgrade of choice for owners of Maxima’s on maxima.org

What is the relation between the g35 and the current version skyline overseas?

Same chassis, or exact same car with a different motor?

same car identically with different badges…i believe

:word: Badges are the only difference, which you can buy here if you want.

My step-father-in-law bought a new '04 when it was, well, new. Hasn’t had a single problem. There are no bad years. Stock it sounds like sex, albeit kinda quiet. Moves pretty well. He was telling me about how it surprised him one time when he was on his way to work and got on it at 50 and the back end started stepping sideways. Handles, stops like a dream. He’s got the Brembo brakes too.

So yeah, buy one. If you’ve got the cash and like it then there’s no reason not to. :tup:

Oh, and yes next year’s G35 will be redesigned with the improved VQ35 discussed here:
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15619&highlight=secondary

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=116681
Not bad. A 3.5L V6 that sounds like sex, makes 306BHP, and redlines at 7600RPM.

i would.

yes the next generation of VQ blocks are using a two piece H design for better bottom end strength and reliability

true story…

they are such awesome cars, def a good choice, id like to pick one up in a few years when they can be had for like 13k or so

Wait for the 07 and get it with the paddle shifters :tup:

+1 that’s what i want to do. i want one so bad i can’t deal with it. i think they are the hottest thing on the road for under 50 grand.