game on..... UPDATES** 9/24/08 video added

you have a pm

Holy shit, did it murder the crank and stuff?

yes sir the alternator is now dangling

man u better at least post up pics of the carnage

I know what it feels like man… but time fixes everything right… kinda

pics are up

Your budget fixes things.:ohnoes:

headgasket .check transmission check blown engine check. wow you have no luck

you are 100% correct 0 luck
thats why i dont gamble… just driving a car is like a gamble to me…
and the house always wins…

So the rod bolts both broke, then the force snapped the rod? Mingia. What is the rest of the material? Did it go through the side of the block too?

yep hard to see in there but, it knocked the alternator right off the block… and the block im sure has a nice hole

jb weld will fix that right up

Damn dudeee!! We were supposed to race yesterday too!! Is that why you never answered my text?? I also didn’t see you at Lancaster and kinda thought something was up. Well best luck to you on finding a new motor bro…

P.S lmk when you have her back on the road so we can set up a cruise. :burnout:

EDIT: P.S.S. You told me you were running 25 psi and 27 peak with your new wastgate…Stock internals im guessing?

yea srts run 27 psi all day no problem… mine busted under vacume… no boost so it had to be just a small crack/fracture that slowly ate away and blew up or something… its fate is yet to be decided i dont have the bank i wish i had. we will see what happens

ouch. So whats the plan?

ouch kyle sorry to see this happen. I haven’t been paying much attention to the game lately but 27 psi on the stage 3 fuel system seems like an awful lot. Did you have any type of way to monitor knock, timing, and a/f while running that much boost?

the thing is i never used the new part… so i was running 20 psi like you had it set up… then it just broke after i installed the new part… that i never boosted on
plus agp swears by this product and everyone on srtforums claims that its just as reliable as the stage 3 wga if not more

-just a quick update… got the new used engine yesterday. drove all the way down to ohio past cleveland to pick this thing up. (only cost me about $120 in gas and about $640 on the engine)
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u160/rootk13/P1010001-3.jpg
-luckily it came with alot of extra stuff i dont need!
-both my engine and the new/used engine have 50k on them, so i got a friend of the family(engine builder) is gonna make one out of the two. hes gonna hone it bake it and clean it up like new.
-im putting in some arp rod bolts and a nice set of eagle rods to help beef up the bottom end so this hopefully* doesnt happen again n e time soon. if i had the cash(buy my parts) i would get some nice new pistons to go with it but i cant shake it for now… oh well
but i did put in a oil pressure gauge today and i like the way it turned out!
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u160/rootk13/P1010009.jpg
let me know what you think!
more updates to come

motors for those cars are only ~600 bones?

27 psi on the stock fuel system is fine. I would recommend a walbro 255, but yeah. I have the stock fuel system, run 25 psi with cams and even up top, I am still low 11’s AFR.

And yeah, $600 seems like a good deal. Internals are only like 250 for 4 new rods/pistons, and then 30 for bearings. Gotta love turbo dodge pricing!

–mark