garage floor alternatives to epoxy?

Which ones did you get? They have a couple styles there.

http://www.floorjunkies.com/garage-flooring/garage-tiles-interlocking-floor/blocktile-coin-garage-floor-tiles-1-sq-ft-black.html

$1.79/tile. I did black and white checker with red borders.

hrm. I’ll have to look into that. I am considering those in grey, and then the perforated ones (http://www.floorjunkies.com/garage-flooring/blocktile-perforated-garage-floor-tiles-1-sq-ft-black.html) where the wheels would go to help with snow removal and issues. I do get water in my garage, but it usually goes out the drain area in the garage, so I need to keep it open.

I just park my bikes so water isn’t an issue for me. If I were parking snowy cars on it, I’d have to use different tiles. Mine do get a bit slippery when wet. The ones your looking at would work well.

I was going to say a good epoxy shouldnt leave dent marks. Maybe he didnt allow enough time for the epoxy or clear to cure. Ive seen cases where it has taken a week for the epoxy to fully dry.

unless he put the clear on too soon he did it in near perfect conditions. fairly low humidity and it was over 70 degrees, it wasnt a weather related issue.

edit: unless there was an induction time for the epoxy to catalyze and it was applied before it called for.

Hey PM me with what you have to offer in epoxy coats. I want to do my garage floor soon.

there is lots of good info in this thread! I did epoxy on my garage floor and it came out great but was a lot of work. I really like the look and cost of that floorjunkies stuff

looks like it’s be about $1200 to do my garage, not factoring in shipping with the Floor Junkie stuff. might be a little cost prohibative right now, or I could always start with one space at a time and see how I like it.

I keep buying a little at a time as I get the $$$. I just have a single car garage I am putting it in. I’ll order the rest next week and I should be wall to wall with it.

looks like free shipping if you buy enough.

sams club… xflor or something like that… you could do tile too…

truth.com

I didn’t even pay that much for the hardwood floors in my house!

lol, yup. ill go broke trying to do my large 2car with that stuff. I think ill have to look into the sams club stuff or the epoxy that ieatpaint recommends. both seam to be a fair alternative even though one is infact epoxy. hmmmm

that may be the case… i used a high build clear…

i only had it happen once… since then ive put wood under my jacks/jack stands ever since…

Maybe ill try it again…

the epoxy i bought was from a VERY well known source on garage journals…

UGH FML