GAS AT 33 CENTS A GALLON

But really, dont get excited. It was a mistake made by some moron in another state. Saw it on yahoo today. Very funny lol

MINOCQUA, Wis. - Dozens of drivers made a mad rush for cheap gas after a station employee accidentally changed the price to 33 cents a gallon.
http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=BvaFekWTcuq7vPS_R1ovkgKHQBiOSUda6SYACxh1&T=1ap8t21v6%2fX%3d1197140262%2fE%3d89014318%2fR%3dnews%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d1881317488%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJuZXdzIiBjb250ZW50PSJnYXM7cHJpY2U7Z2Fzb2xpbmU7Y3JlZGl0IGNhcmRzO3BvbGljZTtlbWVyZ2VuY3k7SXQ7aXQ7cmVmdXJsX3d3d195YWhvb19jb20iIHJlZnVybD0icmVmdXJsX3d3d195YWhvb19jb20iIHRvcGljcz0icmVmdXJsX3d3d195YWhvb19jb20i%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d43719345&U=13b7r7r0d%2fN%3d4l1ljELEYrk-%2fC%3d632094.11885510.12350035.1414694%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d5075282
An employee closing Trig’s Minocqua Shell for the night mistakenly entered the price of a gallon of gasoline as 32.9 cents instead of $3.299 on Monday night.

He left about 10 p.m., but drivers could still use their credit cards to buy gas.

Word of the bargain spread fast in the rural northern Wisconsin community, with 42 people buying 586 gallons of gas in an hour and 45 minutes. One person had pumped 27 gallons and two purchased 18 gallons.

Local police saw the horde at the station and called store manager Andrea Reuland, who went to the station and pushed the emergency stop.

“There were cars two deep at each of my pumps,” said Reuland, who knew many of the drivers and told them they were being dishonest — the main store sign had the correct price.

“I was very upset that there’s that many dishonest people,” she said. “They knew there was a problem, and they took advantage of an employee’s mistake and I think that’s terrible.”

The employee, who has been there for about six months, had changed the gas prices 25 times in the past six months.

“It was an honest mistake,” Reuland said. “I could have done it.”
Area residents were still talking about it Friday morning.

“Was it you guys?” a woman in the station asked Reuland. “Why do I always miss the good stuff?”

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]My god would i have loved to be there. Sure its a bit dishonest, but id fill my tank. Wouldnt you? Maybe I wouldnt have told the whole town about it, but woulda got my 10-12 gallons worth lol
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I prob would have filled the 30 gallons in the truck, for like 10 bucks, damn, toobad

this happen hypeville out here i believe. filled his tank for under a dollar.

Meh. Kinda cool. On par with finding a $20 on the sidewalk. It’d make me happy at the time, but nothing to totally rave over.

Shit I would have filled my truck and a bunch of gas cans lol.

lol, id pull up in a freakin tanker and fill it up

that gas station just lost $1740.42

woops. but thats the way owning a biz goes, $1740 is hardly a large amount of $ to loose, theres plenty of more likely ways to loose more then that in an instant

1740 is still way too much considering maximum profit gas stations make on selling gas is only like $.04 a gallon. Maybe lower?

the gas gets you in the door, the profit is in all the shit you pay way to much for inside the store

This happened to my roommates at the Sunoco on the corner of Maple and Sweethome. I couldn’t get there in time though. :tdown:

yes and no, the mobil on the corner by me was price gouging like mad last yr when there was a rumor of a gas shortage… friggin $5/gal… so they made a little more than $0.04 a gallon profit… and yes id fill my tank and every gas can i could find for that price… their fault

I paid $.29 once at a gas station in lockport

it fucking ruled

Perfect example of how gas runs the world.

lol i prolly would have filled up

Exactly. I guess some people are really into saving $20 bucks… Must be the same people that spend hours of what could be productive time clipping coupons to save $.50

X2

/thread

Who the hell wouldnt fill up? Thats the advertised price on the pump. Obviously its not what its supposed to be, but oh well. It saves me a few hours of my life working to pay for it.

And yes, i would start telling people about it after i topped off. But no big deal. It wouldnt really matter. Altough it does make it worth it to drive 5 miles out of my way to save $3 a gallon for 16 gallons vs driving out of my way for .04 cheaper gas… Ugh, idiots…

yeah it happened to me, got it for 0.29/gal. it cost me 94 cents to fill up my 600rr lol

most gas stations make between 12-19 cents a gallon.