Gas Companies aren't the only ones raising prices

Tire companies are jumping on the bandwagon. :?

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0509/05/Autos-303816.htm

Lumber is up 10% and concrete is up 15% since Katrina.
There are at least 4 large lumber mills in the gulf area.

Edit; Steel prices will also rise because their sources for hydrogen are in the gulf area as well.
Hydrogen is used in the steel making process.

its almost inevitable that consumer goods that rely on any type of oil based transportation for an integral part of their supply chain will be raising their prices. in a world of inflation and generally rising production costs, and sharp ascent in one major cost area is sure to trigger a jolt in wholesale prices, and also ultimately in retail prices.

its unfortunate, but individuals’ income figures will adjust on a reactionary basis to the increased cost of goods, and increased cost of living. thats just the way it works… :frowning:

Ummm you do know that lots and lots of rubbers and plastics are made from petro right?

Rubber is a by product of oil refinement :shrug: Just like asphault and everything else. Add in the costs of doing business, shipping, transporting goods, power, etc…

:shrug:

It only makes sense. Gas costs more and so do things that depend on vehicles to transport them. Nothing new there.

OT but, did you know that rubber is closer to white in it’s natural state?
I am surprised no one has come up with white tires for ricers.

Don’t give them any ideas. They already have yellow and blue tires.

I think the cost is more running the manufacturing plants to make the tires themselves than the transport.

I was referring to every product, but yes with tires its two-fold because petroleum is used in production as well.

oil is used in more prodcuts than people realize, all i can say is everything is going up soon.

Most of the stuff we make is a heck of a lot smaller and lighter than a tire, yet shipping cost is still a big factor in the cost.

Plus, shipping costs will always effect raw goods costs.

It all adds up.

we r screwed

There’s a guy in Hamburg trying to Pedal Blue tires. He has them on his Blue Dodge ram (no there’s not a Hemi in it). I don’t think he’s really selling many though.

x…

and so quickly everyone forgets about the cajun shrimp

-Cheater-

OMG NOT SHRIMP!!!11