Gas leak?

From what I remember when I replaced the gas tank in my old Grand Am (which is probably almost the same as your Grand Prix) it shouldn’t be too hard of a job.

Here is a diagram so you know what your looking at. The part seems pretty cheap assuming it’s what you need.
http://www.gmpartsonline.net/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=215055&chapter=&Sectionids=6,2782&groupid=2783&subgroupid=3577&componentid=0&make=28&model=Grand%20Prix&year=1995&graphicID=FD88145&callout=3&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

Truth. Messing with gas tank components isn’t a good learning project.

http://www.buffalonews.com/437/story/505240.html

F i dont even like doing gas shit

I generally just do it out in the driveway instead of in the garage. Gas vapor is heavier that air so it’s going to settle right along the ground.

Definitely am not going to start taking things apart. Don’t know what I’m doing so I would end up causing more problems.

Bring it by me I will let you know

Where are you located?

please PM carnut

is it throwing a check engine light? Take it some where and smoke check it for leaks. Filler neck is really the only logical answer from the info that you provided.

you are a terrific reader.

No, not check engine light. And it only leaks when I am filling up so I am convinced that it is the filler neck, not the gas tank.

Real quick, can anybody give me an idea of what it costs to replace a filler neck?

def, and I honestly I dont think its to cheap to replace… I know on a chrysler mini van that i did one on it was 400 for just the filler neck, but I wish u good luck I hope its alot cheaper for ya

I know a few people told you to take it to a shop and that you didn’t want to take anything apart also. I would at least run your car up on some ramps and give it a good look. From what I remember this should be a very simple job. Find a car buddy to give you a hand. Run the car out of gas and take the gas cap off to air it out. If it’s over your head then take it to a shop. I would at least take a look at it first.

:hay: let me know jeff. Ill take a look at it this week.

The part is only 41 bucks from GM. I wish i could just do it myself.