Gas prices- wtf?

You guys are harsh…

I didnt want an old POS and I got a hell of a deal on my current truck. Alot less than book value.

an 01-02 24v 2wd,6mt, 2500 longbed, reg cab would be like 8-9k with 100k on it.

my fathers friend just bought an 02 f-250 powerstroke with 200k on it and it needed a powersteering rack… 3k.

Guys, Paul wants to live at home, in debt, at 30yrs old and on and have cars he can’t afford let alone afford to put gas in them.
So wat.

My friend had an 02 Powerstroke. It was a good truck. I drove it once. It was fun.

i bet if i filled all 3 of my cars, it would also be quite pricey… whats your point PAUL?? quite being a sour susan.

Great story PAUL:shifty

After seeing my brother’s diesel truck fall apart and how much it cost to fix it Ill stay away from any 3/4 ton truck with alot of miles on it. Definately no 2wd’s for me either.

I didnt want anything older than the car I was trading in. At this point in my life Im past driving old junk vehicles. Ive had enough of those and the headaches that go with them. Id much rather have something newer, nicer and more dependable.

And you really need 3 cars?

Id also like to know the point you guys are trying to make.

I just started this thread to say how it sucks that gas prices jumped 20 cents in the past week.

I drive a 95 Corolla and live in a ~400K house. It’s a nice place to live.

I may move soon though.

yea, can’t get much more dependable then a 12v-24v cummins truck… sorry.

randy has over 650k on his… stock motor. will your f150 do that? NEVER.

It’s just a discussion on how different people live their lives.

I’m not good at discussions though.

The motor isnt everything though. My brother has a diesel Ram and just had to get alot of work done on it with only 84k on it. He spent a ton of money fixing it.
The truck runs great but its basically a POS truck with a good motor. Dodges seem to have front end issues and rust issues.

Realistically Ill never keep my truck long enough to even attempt to put 650k on it.

yes paul, i like having multiple vehicles, pre obd project, reliable/fast project, daily driver, reliable, winter transportation…

The jump in price sucks. Big differences from when I’m going to work, and when I’m on my way home.

the coloreds have raised prices

What makes an old vehicle a POS? Age? Yours will get old. Miles? Yours will accumulate them as well. Things breaking? Yours will have a lot more things to break and inspection criteria to meet being OBD2.

You could have bought an older truck, for ~5000$, and with the money saved you would have enough to buy, I’m approximating here, but 3 YEARS worth of gas, AND money set aside for repairs that could possibly occur.

I’m sorry I just don’t agree with somebody buying a newer gas hog vehicle just to complain about gas prices, it’s ridiculous.

YOU set yourself up by trying up easy money into the truck that gets bad MPG, there is no way around that, it was your decision not looking into the future and not expecting gas to go up is an oversight mistake.

Age and mileage really. Ive had my share of older higher mileage vehicles and they always needed work. The last older daily driver I had was 9 years old with 125k and I was putting more money into it a month than the payment on the car I replaced it with.

I bought my truck with low enough miles that it should last quite a while with proper maintenance. If it gets to be a POS (nowhere near that point now) Ill get rid of it.

Sure I couldve bought an old beater but thats not what I want to drive everyday and since I already had two cars when I bought the truck one had to go.

Well if that’s what you WANTED then you can’t complain, it comes with the territory.

You’re not going to feel bad for a guy who WANTS a Ferrari but then complains about the price of insurance and how it’s a scam (actually would make a better argument then yours - insurance and their profit margins and policies).

You’re not going to feel bad for a guy who wants a 5000 square feet mansion but is then complaining about taxes. If you go after what you WANT instead of NEED then you also subscribe with all the negatives that come with it.

There are still plenty of people out there driving old ass trucks and living in small ass houses within their means and enjoy the smaller fees on their “luxuries”.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

This just in: Having outrageous loans on vehicles you can’t afford and complaining about gas prices is cool.

i’ve put $<60 in maintenance into my ride.

old POS’s ftw!!! :number1