Gas Prices?

[quote=“JEG,post:20,topic:29475"”]

The thing with gas prices is it is a consumer commodity. You want to know who makes the gas prices? you and I. That’s who. It is the stock holders and consumers. The owners of the petroleum companies are keeping their prices in competition with the world market. If a manager at a gas station says fuck this and lowers gas by .20 a gallon, his ass is fired. It has nothing to do with the owners of the location where you buy the fuel. Also, NYS has a MASSIVE tax (no surprise) on gas. People keep complaining about gas prices and blame big oil and this and that but they do not realize that “big oil” works on the supply and demand premise. If they sell too much, then they have low levels of fuel and drive prices up. If they sell too little, the make it cheaper, which then sells tons of gas and they make their levels low, then forcing them to drive prices up again. It is a continuing cycle. I love how the politicians blame the oil companies for the prices, yet they are the ones who vote to keep them from building more refineries and further drilling and exploring our oilfields here in the US, which would drastically lower gas prices.

[/quote]

OMG OMG OMG:jawdrop: someone with a brain!!!

NY gas really gets hurt by NYS taxes as noted above. When heading through Ohio, I always see gas a solid ~$.60 cheaper than here.

its a good thing i dont drive my car much so i dont give a shit

[quote=“psphinx81,post:23,topic:29475"”]

its a good thing i dont drive my car much so i dont give a shit

[/quote]

I drive alot, but to me it doesn’t affect me as bad.

Filling up in winter = $32
Filling up now = $40

So $8 difference between a tank, I do maybe a tank every 2 weeks. So ~$200/year. It sucks, but meh its not as bad as others.

Bring back 8 tracks!!!

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:24,topic:29475"”]

I drive alot, but to me it doesn’t affect me as bad.

Filling up in winter = $32
Filling up now = $40

So $8 difference between a tank, I do maybe a tank every 2 weeks. So ~$200/year. It sucks, but meh its not as bad as others.

[/quote]

yea DD’s FTW, i get like 25 mpg city in my dd lol. and my drive to work is 3 miles one way so it works out great

yea so I guess we were supposed to NOT buy gas on the 15th and everyone made a huge deal about it…but yet I was pumping away with about 10 others at NOCO on tuesday because I was on E. Funny how that’s all I heard about this past week and yet couldn’t get home without filling up…hmmm

if people really wanted to make an impact everyone wouldnt buy gas for a week but that will NEVER happen

[quote=“cky89,post:28,topic:29475"”]

if people really wanted to make an impact everyone wouldnt buy gas for a week but that will NEVER happen

[/quote]

i honestly don’t know that the average american can go one week without buying gas. I know I can’t and it would work too which sucks…and they know that so they keep raping us in the butt like usual.

exactly america CANT do it. if my parents did that for a week they would have to walk to work, by the time they got there it would be time to leave

[quote=“cky89,post:28,topic:29475"”]

[/quote]

Everyone always says that, but I find it hard to believe they’d feel much of anything in the long run from that.

its just to prove that we can function without gas. it gives them reason to think that pretty soon we could move on from being overly dependant on oil

[quote=“cky89,post:30,topic:29475"”]

exactly america CANT do it. if my parents did that for a week they would have to walk to work, by the time they got there it would be time to leave

[/quote]

yea and the thing is…the majority live far away from where they work because you can’t live in the city…too much money everyone lives in the suburbs. I live in Lancaster, and I work at the galleria and go to school at ECC North…there is no way that people could walk…ugh I wish I was like 15 again so my parents could drive me around and I wouldn’t have to buy gas haha…those lucky bastards

lol i actually just go my good ole haro outta storage to ride to work. stay in shape and save money all at once

[quote=“cky89,post:34,topic:29475"”]

lol i actually just go my good ole haro outta storage to ride to work. stay in shape and save money all at once

[/quote]

haha how would you feel if you saw a hot girl riding a 6 year old huffy? lol I guess what wouldn’t work for me huh?:biglaugh:

that would be kinda wierd haha

damn adulthood…

im glad im not one yet :slight_smile:

[quote=“cky89,post:38,topic:29475"”]

im glad im not one yet :slight_smile:

[/quote]

seriousy…bills suck…stay with you’re parents AS LONG AS POSSIBLE…but don’t become a wierdo…chicks aren’t really into that lol

[quote=“cky89,post:32,topic:29475"”]

its just to prove that we can function without gas.

[/quote]

We can’t.