gauge choice?

i was just wondering what brands of gauges are the most accurate??
i dont want a one from greddy one from auto one from megan, but a specific brand that is always acurate with minimal failure…
since ive never installed gauges for anything other then volts im curious as to which ones i should use/trust.

Defi…

im running an hks boost gauge and its dead on

also runing an autometer tacho … its a bit off and needs calibration

my 2 cents

(only aftermarket gauges im running at the moment)

Autometer Phantoms (paid like $50ea - oil temp, oil pres, water temp all electrics)

Can’t justify spending 3x for some JDM baller brand that’ll only make the interior look pretty :o

really, the majority of the reuslts will depend on how well the gauges are hooked up/installed

autometer’s work fine imo

I started off with Megans and quickly changed over to Autometer because I got tired of the in accurate readings from the Megan pieces.

VDO

Don’t waste your money on the japanese stuff. Just get some Autometers… best bang for the buck and some even look OEM in certain cars.

I’m getting STRI cause they look like Defi with an Autometer-ish price.

calibarted my autometer tach today and its pretty acurate

its read about 100-200 rpm’s higher then my power fc

i’m a stewart-warner fan, i’ve had a couple megan and bunch of autometer before aswell without much luck, autometer boost gauges in particular tend to be very inaccurate… i’ve also had ebay defi knockoffs, quite inaccurate and also hard to see in the day time.

if i was in the market for new gauges i’d be going for stewart-warner unless i had a lot of money to waste on good (expensive) ones.

my 2 cents.

A little off topic but…I have a set of three Omori gauges and I was wondering if anyone has used them or if they are any good.

I havent hooked them up yet to confirm any accuracy.

Megan FTL. Stewart Warner is good, autometer is good, my friend has STRI in his MSP, no clue if they’re accurate, but they sure look pretty. I have a VDO in the Talon, haven’t had a chance to check it with a reliable source yet.