Gauging interest: Best all around car + driver. Big Purse.

i think it would have been “my interest in such an event has peaked after hearing about your idea.”

this is a cool idea. similiar to Ultimate Street Car Challenge.

I was thinking the same thing (about the USCC), but get rid of the subjective tests (like grandma/girlfriend). If you base it on a points system (1st place gets 10, 2nd gets 9…), I think it would make it more competitive for all the cars.

Why have a $1000 dollar entrance fee? Why not make it $100 and get more people involved. Pick an AutoX date ahead of time and a Dunnville date. If the cars can’t make it they for fit that event. Then like you said an original copy of a time slip from a ¼ mile strip.

I think more people would make it more fun (and this way I might not be last)

Rate each aspect out of 20 points… and gauge points won off a “Percentage of Difference”

Example

car 1: 15.2 1/4, 60.2 second lap
car 2: 13.5 1/4, 61.4 second lap
car 3: 14.5 1/4, 50 second lap

1/4 Mile

Car 2 - 13.5 = 20pts
Car 3 - 14.5 = 18pts [20pts/(14.5/13.5)]
Car 1 - 15.2 = 17pts [20pts/(15.2/13.5)]

Lap

Car 3 - 50.0 = 20pts
Car 1 - 60.2 = 16.6pts
Car 2 - 61.6 = 16.2

Adding them up

Car 1 - 33.6
Car 2 - 36.2
Car 3 - 38.0 - WINNAR!! (dominant Lap)

Something like that would make it so being dominant in one event wouldn’t matter. IE no extreme reflection of true skill.

That’s the point - its about the best all around, not the best in a single event.

I like the $100 entry fee idea.

I also think that the drag strip should be a same day sort of thing as well.

And no pax for autox - these cars are already going to be SM or XP as it is.

and maybe if you get enough people to do, that are obviously in different “classes” do like heated events. so that way even people with slow cars but good skill can still compete. And maybe a bonus prize for the king of each event.

99 Civic Si post up, don’t want to hijack the thread but I like the idea.

Entry Fee?
Dates?

If we leave it up to him to plan, he won’t do anything until the night before… :wink:

LOL, this would take some planning for sure.

If it were somthing small like 10 entrants, I would do the organizing. If it’s going to be larger scale, fuck that. I was leaning towards something small so we could organize dates that would fit with everyones schedules. The big entry fee would be purely to boost competativeness and keep a lot of people out who will just “be in the way” (sorry guys, I know we’re not rich). But seriously if you think you have the skills and machine to compete in this, odds are $1000 is not an insane amount of money to potentially “waste” because you know you’ve “wasted” much much more than that on racing and tires.

I was looking for a heads up competition, no pax system or anything. Best CAR and DRIVER, not just great driver with a slow car and a pax system. I would have loved to include a rally-x, but I highly doubt anyone without AWD would bother then(and there aren’t that many events).

This idea doesn’t exclude american muscle either by any means as mentioned earlier. F-Bods and Vettes would be a great car to drive for this.

I for some reason, want something really exciting to shoot for. I’d say a few thousand would motivate me. And It’d be absolutely sweet to have some spectacular ending (like 2nd place guy being behind 1st by like .4 sec and dismantaling his entire car to pick up the time in the 1/4 and winning first, but in essence destroying his car in the process. Hell if I needed an extra .5 secs I’d cook my motor with n2o to make it happen. :wink: )

Honestly, it’s ALMOST getting a little late to plan something like this, but it could still be pulled off. We should at least try something, then kick it off in full gear next season.

Elaborate on that maybe… Make it a team thing.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42011

im game in my honda

you have a honda?

Could we rent TMP for an afternoon? Road course, 1/4 mile and plenty of parking lot for an autocross.

I like this idea because I don’t have the cash to change much on my setup anyways…

However for people that really wanted to go all out on this competition it would be hard to modify your car per type of event if it was all in one day.

whos gonna hold on to the money?
hector
why hector?
cause hes too slow to make away with the cash!
oooooooohhhhh!

haha. i was waiting for that!

If your call is well rounded car, you won’t need to do anything to it that couldn’t be done in the parking lot. I like this idea.

indeed, for road circuits…