GEAR TREATMENT?

Does anyone know where to have gears treated to strengthen them, and also price?

like a mikronite or cryo?..diff gears? tranny gears?

www.evansperformance.com

tranny gears

anywhere local? or anyidea what that place runs?

http://www.mikronite.com/overview.asp

have you used them?

im actually sending my tranny out monday, but i am not getting the mikronite finish on my parts (its an option). the woman i spoke to said thats more for road racing and prolonged abuse, and isnt necessary for what im doing. it may be different for your parts, but i really dunno. im not even changing my gears. a custom gear set for my trans is 5g’s. fuck that.

t56rebuilds.com <— go there and compare the pricing if you want to get an idea for the costs of mikroniting

im just looking to get them treated. i dont wanna spend a boat load of money on them

its prolly a couple hundred for a whole gear set

ya im not looking to spend that, jsut a treatment to help them out

what are u looking to spend? lol…

100 bucks maybe lol i mean ls trannys are everywhere. if its more then the acutal tranny i probably wont do it

lol…

thatll get you shipping to where the process is done…hahaha :wink:

ya if im what overnighting it lol. anyone local treat gears?>

take a die grinder with a cookie wheel and polish them…then surround it with icecubes for a cryo freeze. that should work for under $100

shut up lol i didnt say i wouldnt spend more but thats what id like. i mean cmon is it that much to freeze them or what not

just go to the corner store. i believe a bag of ice is around $1.50 these days. should get the job done

there’s some shops here that do it for about 150

kevin, i would recommend dry ice. dont cheap out on that crap at the local corner stores.