genesis vs. cobalt

Have you ever driven an 08-09 Cobalt SS/TC, modded or not?

FWD can still be fun to drive with high HP…

Even bone stock with better tires, the new Cobalts are doing extremely well on road courses.

Regardless, I don’t know enough about the Genesis to compare the two. It just gets annoying to hear the whole FWD<RWD argument. Trust me, if you’ve ever driven a high HP RWD, you’d know they have traction issues too… LoL

I think alot of people will be going towards the genesis as it is RWD. If were talking about a DD though I would go with the new cobalt ss (2 door) They are sick!

True, a well setup and tuned FWD with 300WHP or so can track well. Its all about power delivery if you can plant it it will work. FWD or RWD. There are plenty of dumpy ass RWD cars making great power but are complete turds becasue they are setup like crap.

But I will say I prefer to ride the fine line of traction/spin with a RWD than a FWD. If you have reaction skills, you can correct a RWD stepping out just fine and not have to look like drift king. Most FWD’s just push when they start to break traction. And also have breaking problems too where they lift the ass end so much under breaking that the back slides out, then as soon as you boot it again, the front pushes.

It is like dirtbikes vs quads on a MX track… it is all about the rider.

:bowdown

I completely agree. Typically, I would prefer the RWD for a flat-out performance vehicle. DD, I would prefer AWD for year-round enjoyment of high Hp. FWD is just a hell of a lot cheaper and can be set up quite well for year-round driving. I love EBC’s, lol…

Yeah I got my jetta running and at only 16psi it is a hand full to drive and no way can it take a turn on the pipe. Might have alot to do with the alignment, lol it is WAYYYY off. Fast straight line but so will need more work to corner again.

i’d rather have the Genesis for a dd. they make studded snows tires so it’s all good… and you can always throw a few sandbags in the truck for traction.

dirtbikes>quads…fuck your couch!

i stopped while i could :ahh

OKAY DRIFT KING

99% of the time Id say RWD>FWD, but Id take the cobalt in a heartbeat over the genesis. Look at what people have been doing and how well the cobalt performed stock and then look at how the genesis performed stock and what people are doing with them now. Its not even close, the cobalt is a car that actually received the proper engineering and time to build a great car for the money. The Genesis is your typical budget wannabe sports car that probably cut tons of corners.

thanks for all the input guys…heres my list of pros and cons as of now for each…

neither car would be a DD…i deliver pizza for one of my jobs so the warranty would be filled in less than a year…would have a diff DD that would be used for delivery purposes…

GENESIS:
-RWD=fun-ness (and i can handle RWD in winter if need be…)
-RB11 could be built quite nicely…
-you dont see them as much as cobalts out on the road…people would see a cobalt and assume its an LT or an n/a SS…
-synapse is already dipping their feet in so i know one reputable place would be modding them the right way

COBALT:
-convienience of 4 doors
-more R&D in the design of the car
-solid aftermarket is established
-according to research ive done the internals are quite solid and can handle mods quite well

i guess next step would be insurance quotes…to have another option to weigh out…

and no i do not drive the geo…havent driven it in monthes…i DD a sentra…

V READ THE SIG V

nope, and i would if someone threw me the keys i would but thats it. my next car will be built to loose traction, my next car has to be rwd. i hate fwd besides for daily drivers.

The Quaife (sp?) lsd I think is one of the best performance options that came standard on my car.

Actually it was a 795 dollar option, according to my window sticker hanging on the wall next to me.

The car must SUCK without a limited slip. :lol

Have you test driven either? We can all sit here and talk all we want but at the end of the day you should buy whichever one you like more after taking them both for a drive.

Yeah, drive both of them first and then decide what car you want to buy. That should be the next step after you do your research.

Once you find out what car you would like to buy, then worry about financing and insurance.

i only worry about insurance cuz mine is a good chunk of change every month and i believe it should be considered when purchasing a car…i dont think many people think of that…they only think about their monthly car payments…and i will test drive them as soon as i can…i just work a lot during the day…maybe ill kick one out sideways of fuccillo hyundai tomm morning in 9am traffic :ahh

EDIT: also…im not sure if anyone in the immediate area has a turbo sedan in stock…autotrader time i suppose!

Fuccillo Hyundai won’t let you test drive a Genesis unless you’re 24 or with a parent(or someone 24+). Already tried, and acted very interested just because I wanted to drive one.

Find a used one somewhere (if there even is any).

damn! i will find a dealership that will let me…what about if the salesperson comes with me? then i might have to be nice to the car…lol

i doubt it…but i will try autotrader first…

Have you even priced the 2 cars out? A Genesis Coupe 2.0t with track pack is 28k and in stock trim it is no match to the much cheaper Cobalt SS. Honestly, why pay 28k+ for a 7 second Hyundai when you can get a 370z or a SS Camero for 30k…