get S13 from US ?

Qustions !

anyone here had get a car from the US b4 ?

How does it work ?

Do u have to go there urself to check out the condition of the car ?

how to ship over to canada ?

how does those stupid custom work ?

is there any some kind of “dealer” doing these things ? like get car and ship over to canada and paper work such such…

sorry for stupid qustion …
but really thank a lot guys ^^

What can happen is that you contact a seller in the states. (private) and you talk the deal out. When the time comes, go down south, and have him write off the vehicle as a (gift/present) and pay him in cash. That way you can avoid any nasty nasty taxes and customs problems.

yeah maybe in la la land.

The fact is you will still pay the 7% PST when you cross the border, a 300 dollar handling fee and an extra 100 dollars if you car has A/C (working or not)

The car must be free of recalls which you must have a letter from Nissan stating that.

Then when you import it you have to go to an approved inspection center to have the car OK’d. This usually requires installation of daytime running lights and those little child seat brackets.

I went through this entire ordeal 2 years ago.

mine never had to have DTRL’s installed or child seat brackets. and yes its legal here, lol… its been insured safetied and etested before

yeah maybe in la la land.

The fact is you will still pay the 7% PST when you cross the border, a 300 dollar handling fee and an extra 100 dollars if you car has A/C (working or not)

The car must be free of recalls which you must have a letter from Nissan stating that.

Then when you import it you have to go to an approved inspection center to have the car OK’d. This usually requires installation of daytime running lights and those little child seat brackets.

I went through this entire ordeal 2 years ago.[/quote]

There is no handling fee at the border for me. When I brought mine over it cost me a grand total of $48 in taxes. I didn’t need any letter or any modification to the vehicle. However it was an '89 and follows the 15 year import rule.

I’m sure it’s different for vehicles that full under the RIV. Then there is a $185 fee to register the car with them, and other rules may apply.

check out this web site http://www.riv.ca/, all the answers you
want are there.

There is no handling fee at the border for me. When I brought mine over it cost me a grand total of $48 in taxes. I didn’t need any letter or any modification to the vehicle. However it was an '89 and follows the 15 year import rule.

I’m sure it’s different for vehicles that full under the RIV. Then there is a $185 fee to register the car with them, and other rules may apply.

this was the same for me. i just imported an '82 corolla 3 months ago.
did not have any problems. just make sure you have the clean title and
money in you pocket for the tax man and you should be fine. if you are
importing a car less than 15yrs old, like an s14, then is a whole other ball
game.

I imported an Eagle Talon that was only 8 years old so that may be why. Nevertheless it was a lot of work.

I assume because S13s dont have DTRL or the child saftey latches then you dont need them?

You need them if it’s less than 15 years old and admissable under RIV.

Some years of S13 are in the inadmissable column because of the passive restraints they use in the US. Oddly enough, there are some that are fine to import even under 15 years old.

Which years came with the automatic seatbelts, because i checked out the RIV a year ago and that was the only thing that needed to be modified on their list for 89-94 240sx’s as i recall.

all usdm s13’s have the auto belts

Dont meant to be a fag, but are there not enough S13’s in Canada? so you dont have to go through this shit?

They all suck huge dicks. Frame repair is a huge hassle.

u can get a mint one from arizona or cali for like 500 bucks…

Yea, that’s what I meant, the canadian ones are awful. The only ones that are any good are ones that have never been wintered, and that’s pretty damn rare.

The only gay thing about US S13’s is you get that gay seat belt that goes on by it self. Some people like it, I find it annoying. …Then again the Canadian versions come with the gay day time running lights that are usually one of the first things to go in the garbage but at least with those you just got to pull a few wires out and they are gone.
That was the first thing I took out of my S13 the day after I bought, followed by the AC 10 minutes after the day time running lights and the cruise control half an hour after the AC.

just put ur existing seatbelts on a us s13…and its not hard to find the panels and belts…here on son u can get them all for what 50 bucks!

hey guys, i’ve been researching up on importing a vehicle from the US, and one of the criteria was that “the vehicle must bear a manufacturer’s valid U.S. statement of compliance label at the time of importation.”

what is a statement of compliance?

also, metric speedometer and odometer labels are required? are the US clusters ok? since they DO have KPH on them anyway…

also, are all these required to cross the border?
what is needed to drive the vehicle across the border? written and signed “contract” or “receipt” between buyer and seller, the ownership…anything else?
I’m assuming the other things such as recall clearance letter, DRL, child seats n such are required AFTER crossing the border in order to register the vehicle?