Getting Engaged, ideas needed.

I’m going to be getting engaged before the year is out. I’m dumbfounded on way to approach this and where to take her to ask her. I’ve always thought taking her to nice place to dine was kind of a cheesy way. Thoughts?

http://www.diamondhelpers.com/loveandlife/romanticideas/marriage-proposal-ideas.shtml

does it really matter?

let it come naturally

Run

I asked Beth (mitsugrl97) up on Mt Washington.

thats what my old g/f wanted me to do when i popped the question (thank gawd i didnt) but i would go for a cruise after dinner… tell her you want to get some pics of the city… or something like that… then while on an overlook pop it. throw in a “will you marry me” for me cause i doubt i will ever ask it.:itr41:

get the F*&^ out as fast as you can!

anywho Mt Wash is a nice place, more specifics on what ya wanna do…staying in the downtown area?

:rofl:

Good luck Sean!

Nope, Ask my wife, She picked out the ring, When I payed for it she just got it lol. Romantic arent I?:booty:

i took my fiance out on the gateway clipper…top deck, at night, warm, and the lights of pittsburgh. it worked out well.

Gave Lory hers in the Winter garden at ppg then we went ice skating

I went with my wife on vacation to NC and took her on a sunset cruise out into the ocean. When we were about halfway out and the sun was really orange/red on the horizon, I gave our digital camera to some lady on the boat and asked her to take our picture but I put it on the video setting and kinda whispered that to her. I went back over to my wife and we posed like we were going to have our picture taken, then I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. It is pretty cool to have it on video with that nice backdrop of the sunset. I will never forget it, but it is still nice to have it on video. My wife said she thought I was getting sea-sick and kneeling down to throw up at the time :slight_smile:

She had to have known it was coming though, we had been dating for like 4 years and she had been showing me rings that she liked. I had the ring for a year before I gave it to her but I wanted to have it paid off before I proposed and I was a poor college student.

I asked Ashley by putting it in the new kitchen sink. We built our own house, and all she wanted was me to work on the kitchen. She was away for the weekend, and I got the sink all done and put the ring in the sink. Told her that I finished the sink. When she got home all she wanted to do was see how the sink looked…and there was the ring.

She’s the kind of girl that didn’t want a scene if/when I proposed.

Dont do what I did and put the $1000 engagement ring and his wedding band on MY credit card!

Trust me its not worth it! lol

It all depends on what she likes…

even though I paid for my own ring and picked it out…it was still awsome to go to the gary allen concert with my parents and get engaged in front of the whole crowd.

Even got the ring box signed by gary himself (I kept that…lol)

Be creative.

And if your irish I have a white gold chaugdah band never been worn for sale!!!

my wife and I were on a walk in south park when I asked her. :smiley:

being romantic is for emo kids. :slight_smile:

Just do it sitting on the couch watching a movie. Make a bowl of popcorn and relax.

I would not do mount washington because for how long you have been together she will know exactly what is coming. The best is when it is at an unexpected time.
I would throw her completly off by going on some nice dates (as wanting some nights just the two of you) go to some nice places a few times including mount washington but do nothing just enjoy the night … she willl be thinking it is coming every single one of these romantic dates… then she will think it is just a date night and then you can have a romantic evening planned and she wont be expecting it and u can really surprise her. This is what chad did and i was sooo shocked…

ha. we were supposed to go “look” at rings the next day.

shocker?