Getting sued

I’m getting sued.

Seriously.

By some kid I played hockey against last summer.

Long story short, a kid on my team and the kid on the other team went hard into the boards for the puck. They hit and both went down pretty hard. My guy gets up, other kid stays down. Ambulance comes and I find out later that he broke his leg.

Even though I was not involved in the play or even saw it firsthand (I was told what happened as I was looking away from the play), I am getting sued because the rink gave the kid my name as a team captain. Apparently I am responsible for the actions of all my teammates be it an accident or not.

I wasn’t aware I can be made responsible for other people that play in a play at your own risk type of sport. Yes, it was a non-checking league, but its hockey! Anything can happen no matter what the skill level, and league.

I am kinda pissed about all of this. I’m going to talk to the rink owner on Tuesday, as he is getting sued as well. I’m a little mad that the rink gave this kid my info. It really wants me want to bring my teams there to play, knowing I can get sued if someone on the other team gets hurt.

Comments are welcome. I don’t really want to spend money on a lawyer but I’m not getting stuck with this tards medical bills because he can’t accept the consequences of his own actions.

did u sign any waivers saying stating something like play at your own risk…anyway a judge will laugh it out of court…well i would if i was a judge

wow thats crazi, only in america

Yeah. They make you sign a disclaimer of sorts before every game. And the rink makes sure that no one plays without insurance. Its not the best insurance but its insurance. This kid is just looking for free money.

if he signed a disclaimer then he can’t get shit… what a fag… this kid deserves whatever injury he got…

wow…unbelievable. sorry to hear about this crap Bob :frowning: good luck. i’m sure you will get out of it. the kid should have no case

counter sue for lawyer fees and such things

:word: bob, this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Have you talked to the kid who administered the hit? I doubt it was an intentional injury. I’ve played on a few roller teams and this is a bunch of BS if you ask me…

thats absoutley insane

bullshit litigation will be the death of our society

just because its a no checking league doesnt mean your not going to get hurt. the poblem with this world is that people think because something is safe in general, that they still wont get hurt…

like the people that think that since they had their seatbelt on that they shouldnt have broken their back when they left the highway at 85mph and crashed into the ravine

sports = posible broken bones … PERIOD

it should be illegal to sue for breaking a bone when your on a sports field (rink) of any sort, unless theres proof of malicious intent … example - someone intentionaly taking an extra swing at your knee cap with the hockey stick

hockey is a hard charging kind of game … sometimes 2 people will “meet” at the boards at the same time, both thinking they would have that puck before the other guy, instead, they met each other instead of the puck … its that simple

i wish you the best in this stupid little suit

i wish HIM the worst, i hope he breaks his other leg in a game of basketball with his 7 yr old cousin … that way he cant claim malicious intent … lol

“your honor, my 7 yr old cousin INTENTIONALY knocked me down, causing me to break my leg” lol

:tdown:

Wow that really sucks…I doubt the case will get to court or at least the judge will throw it out.

Good thing he didn’t burn his mouth on a cup of hot chocolate during the games…lol

our judicial system is one reason why our county is great…and it is also the reason why our country is going down the crapper.

This shouldn’t be reviewed for more then 2 min…but I bet they make a case out of it :tdown:

I say go find this kid and soften em up

pay someone to break his other leg if he continues this BS of a waste of time.

You play at your own risk…sorry to hear Bob…I was sued as well this year over a car I sold and its ridiculous what people try to get away with these days…if he signed a waiver than u should be all right…this is simply ridiculous.

I’ve had something similar happen to me when some jackass defenseman i was going around fell down and landed on the blade of my stick. His top front teeth ended up gin through his bottom lip. He just has a little Scar now but the whole time they were screaming “lawsuit” saying i was in the wrong. :bloated: It never even went to court. I would definatly counter-sue for lawyer fees if it by the small chance goes to court. In the meantime i wouldnt worry too much.

:tdown: to lil bitches who play a PHYSICAL (eventhough it was a non-checking league) sport and get hurt and sue for it. That’s fucking bullshit. Now if you would have taken your stick and swung it at his face and broke his nose and knocked some teeth out, I could see him having a case there and what not. If two people are going after the ball/puck and run into the boards and someone gets hurt, then they get hurt. That’s the risk that you take. If he didn’t want to take the chance of getting hurt at all he, should have have taken up ballet or something like that …

please keep us updated on this, if he wins thats COMPLETE bullshit :tdown:

And because of this, you are now mentally fucked up, have nightmares, can’t get to work, lost your personal life etc…

Counter sue for punitive damages.

Then give me 10% for the idea.