girl at work

i’m not the kinda person that will settle to drive around ina crown vic.

1. my new car gave me no issues and is worth more than what i owe, thus, i didn’t waste money

2. svshine- i am a good firend for trying to steer her in the right direction, b ut i’m also a douchebag that doesn’t have the patients to listen to her so i quit caring.

3. this thread isn’t about buying caviliers… i already stated she didn’t want to suck, so no purchasing of caviliers will be allowed.

4. fuck chevy’s (minue pewters cars)

5. she is going to buy something that sucsk anyway, so who cares.

just because it didnt depriciate faster than you’ve been paying on it doesnt mean that you didnt waste money.

um not when you compare a 3rd gen to a 2nd gen, wake up already…

christ…

only an idiot considers a car an investment (with the exception of rare/classic cars). A car is like a computer; you buy it for a purpose. You can always sell it a few years down the line, but you’re going to lose your ass.

I’d rather buy a brand new car and put 250k miles in the time it takes me to pay it off. I’m paying $258 a month for a car I don’t have to worry about, and when it’s paid off, I’ll trade it in on another roughly $250-300/month car. I might only get a few thousand for trading it in, but I’ll never again have a car more than a few years old, and never buy someone else’s problems.

they’re all shit on wheels to me.

cavaliers are the reason civics became popular.

hey asshole, I never had a fucking problem. Jenn did you fucking moron.

learn to read all my posts so you know what the fuck is going on then critize me you piece of shit…

anything that costs ~$20,000 is an investment to people like us. You could have bought a slightly used car and be paying $150 a month and have the same warranty. Or pay that same $250/mo and have it paid off a few years earlier. You act like the second the car comes off the lot it turns into a lemon. We’re not talking about people buying a 10 year old car with 150K miles on it. We’re talking about buying a car thats 1-2 year old with under 20K miles on it.

:ugh:

You know what evry time you make commnets that i can sort of agree with, you make stupid coments like this that erases any intellegance form your point of views.

Shut the fuck up already.

well if you start with x amount of dollars, and pay against x amount with x% and sell the car and get y amount and Y > X then yes, money was not wasted.

Yeah dickhead this is why I jump down your throat. You don’t read then make asshole comments.

haha a nerd after my own heart… who says you can’t sell?! :burnout:

you people are retarded, other than SNS becuase i agree, just be a dick when you know you’re getting fucked and you wont.

1. cars aren’t investments, fucking stocks and bonds are investments, all you financial geniuses should move to wall st. asap, because you all obviously make the best decisions possible. if you want to invest, get a retirement fund and invest… if you want to get to work and back, buy a car.

2. people buy cars for different reasons… BUT everyone buys a car for transportation… so, redneck69 for example, would rather drive raound in a rust bucket F150 and have his old lady drive an altima, and if they want a bigger car, they’ll get a crown vic… now myself, i woudln’t be caught dead driving a crown vic, mainly because this isn’t the sabotage video from beastie boys, but also because they are ugly as fuck… i buy cars i like and that are fun… it’s my primary transportation, but i’m not skimping at my check book each month to make payments so i could give a fuck with how much i could save on a monthly payment if i bought some piece of shit car that i don’t like.

if you buy a car, drive it and sell it blue book and are able to pay off your loan and have extra $, you did something right.

just because you can sell if for more than you owe on it doesnt mean that you could have got a better deal on it. If you paid 70,000 for it and made monthly payments of $1,000, then went to sell it 2 years later for a litte bit more than what you owe on it you wouldnt consider all those $1,000 payments a waste of money?

x2…

buying something that depreciates 20% the instant you drive it off the lot will never be a good idea. It IS an investment. Not an investment to try and turn a profit, but its an investment nonetheless.

\NO FOR CHRISTS SAKE!

70000 - 12000 = 58000 sell for 59000 = +1000

so you just spend 11000 on a car that, for that time , should of cost you 12000 and you have no loan over your head.

so you just ‘made’ 1000

what does that computer you’re typing on depreciate at?

how about your computer desk? or your tennis shoes? or clothes?

a car is a material object… not an investment.

From Dictionary.com

Investment- Property or another possession acquired for future financial return or benefit

NOT a car.

#1. I dont know anyone that needs to take out a loan to get a computer of shoes.

#2. You dont re-sell your computer/shoes after a couple years.