Girls car is back under the knife.

haaaaaa, nice :slight_smile:

post pics of the new exhaust or gtfo

BUT… it doesnt make any noise at the moment…

<<<<Look HERE>>>>

Dunno what happened. Guess I am dumping the oil and taking the valve cover off tomorrow, and checking the timing. I am hoping it is just the old Cam Pos Sensor died. I really dont think i jumped timing or anything.

^ fail.

whats it doing?

i have a whole slew of parts that will not be used to a long time.

cam pos sensor don’t usually die, its rare. but i posted onm roflwagens about the whole vag-com issue activation code, i couldn’t figure how to find it?
also, i need the single din cubby above the radio from the parts car!

mike call me tomorrow!!!

I it all of a sudden just shut off. I was going home easy, and it back fired for a short sec and cut out. Battery light came on, that CPS signal implausable CEL and it just cranks with no spark. Yeah I might have to pick some pieces up from you at some point i guess.

Yeah I went on bit torrent and found an activation generator program and it works sweet. Half the problem was the ebay usb cable wasnt working. But my old serial usb works fine. thx anyway.

On that cubby, I think I have one… I will have to check. Ill let you know.

will do.

Can I pick up a Cam Pos sensor from you? I am going to throw that on it first.

WOOT 24psi + 1.5 deg timing…
I made my own MBC. Basicly it is the homedepot special with some slight tweaks. I used a Oring on the ball seat for a better seal, and I thread locked (purple light strength) the adjustment screw. also made a nice spring seat for the adjustment screw. It is identical to the Boost Valve MBC. I have a heavier spring in it now, with adjustment about 1 turn in, it hit 24psi on the dot and held without any spikes! I also tested it on a air tank off the car first. I am going to put in the lighter spring to allow a better adjustment window. Plans are to make another one, and use the stock N249 silinoid to switch from low boost to high boost.

3rd is breaking loose now. Timing under boost is 12-13deg to redline, so there is still alot of room for improvement. AFR is still 12.1-12.3 under boost.

Passed inspection too on sat. gota love tuning companies that delete emmissions and readyness junk. No CEL’s and all readyness passes even with the car off!

The only small issue is the idle AFR after you drive around, on boost or not and press in the clutch to come to a stop or a light. The afr at idle starts at 9.8-10.3 ish, for a few seconds then mellows out and slowly climbs to 11,then 12 then 13. Idle smooths out naturally as the mixture leans out. Also I hear a slight miss fire around 1/4 throttle steady, but everywhere else it is smooth and under boost is clean as a wistle. Plugs are .28 gapped 6e’s.

WRONG! BKR7e aka 4644’s run anywhere from .024-.028 gap

6 is a stock plug you really should go colder.

Shit, your right… I didnt change them yet. Opps.

Shits parked for teh wintarz. Dunno whats up with the charging system. I drove it home one day, and the battery light came on, and started to run pig rich, then the cluster froze, the lights go dim and it sputtered to a rolling stop conviently in the Amsterdam Police departments parking lot! lol So my brother brought a battery and a jumpers threw it in the trunk and away I went. Charging system showed 12 volts when the car was running, so I figured the alternator was toast. I ordered on on good old ebay since they are $250+ new… and I said Eff that.

Anyway, sunday I charged the battery, changed the well fouled out plugs for the correct 6e’s and fired it right up. Battery light was on, CEL and the rest of the normal lights lit up. Plugged in the VAGCOM and it showed 12.1V at idle… still no go for the alt. A few codes, low input voltage signal or something like that and something about a relay stuck open. I cant remember it off the top of my head, but it sounds like it wa pointing towards the charging system. I cleared the codes, and guess what, the voltage jumped right up to a nice 14.4 or so… Idle smoothed out, still runs a bit rich at idle, like 11.6, so I dont know wtf is going on there.

I warmed up to temp and the voltage was fine, and no CEL’s came back. Drove it in the dusting of snow we started to get sunday, and thought I was going to crash… toe in is waaayyy off and it was sketchy to say the least with some smoked tires. But i got it to the garage and parked it, checked the codes, (none) and voltage was still 14.4ish. So I yanked the battery and went home.

What ever that relay was I think caused the alt not to charge the system. First for me, never saw that befor, but it makes sense i guess.

only plans over the winter is painting the rear bumper, front rub strip, wiper cowl colot matched and shaving the VW logo on the trunk lid and painting that.

Here is a little log from tonight. What it doesnt show is timing is only around 18-19 under boost.

But you can see I hit 22psi at 4200-4300rpm, sorry brett I was 170 rpm off today. Not bad for a big old .82 and stock displacement, small head, small stock intake mani, and a log type manifold I would say.

http://shift518.gom-host.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2037&stc=1&d=1267756279

I need a new t-bolt clamp I blew the charge pipe off twice tonight around 22-23psi.

Also you can see my odd idle issue. once you press in the clutch it dumps fuel for about 3 seconds and then leans out and sits steady. the stock WB o2 only measures to .75 or 11.0. but my Inovate wideband reads out a dump of fuel down to 9.9. I took decreasing load fuel out to 90% and upped the idle a 100rpm and it makes it regain quicker but it still dumps a ton of fuel for some reason then catches.

Nice, what source are you pulling vacuum from?

What do you mean exactly? The only vac attachments i have hooked up are one from the intake mani to the BOV, one BIG one going to the brakebooster and one going over to the distro block. the distro block holds the aftermarket boost gauge sender unit (electric) and actually thats it. I dont really need the distro block now do I! lol

turn up boost, girl. 24-26psi no less!

Getting there chicken fucker. Last night I made about 12 passes on my “test track” and got it up to 22psi. I whipped it back up a little more on the mbc, and hit 24 psi then launched a charge pipe again! I need to order some more tbolt clamps… i orded 4 othe wronge sizes and used two hose clamps per side but they just dont hold 24psi i guess!

I am going to leave it at 22 for a while becasue I need to figure out this idle/raw fuel dump issue first.

bead rolled? i never had a problem blowing charge piping off, never. and ive taken it to 29-30psi on the street,