Girls car is back under the knife.

Nahh not rolled… remember I made them out of stainless J bends all tigged up. The T-Bolt clamps I have on the couplers hold fine but the shitty hose clamps I have on one of the couplers keeps popping off even with 2 side by side. i miss-ordered a t-bolt clamp and need to fix this.

If the t-bolt clamps start poping around 24+ I will just take the pipes off and run a bead of weld around the pipe to make a rolled lip on the ends.

shouldnt have a problem with the tbolts. just make a few spot welds on it now so the worm gear will hold

Bump this pile up!

Removed the oem gigundous fan shroud and fans and put some lil electric jobbers on. nice and clean now.

So there is what it looks like all shaven out and shit.

This weekend it will get some love and should be driving again in no time. :retardclap

Word

no more coolant leaks?:slight_smile:

Nope shits legit once again. Trans is nice, no fluid leaks, runs strong, good to go.

Little update on the trans. the 3.16 R&P is tall. 1st gear is nice and long. running it to redline it actuall trys to hook, then 2nd there is a little lag then power is on once again and it fights for traction again. BUT its not ripping the tires off uselessly like the stock box, or even the 3.63’s did. I think on the track I will be able to launch it nice and run it out the door for a decent 60 foot.

Yes the gears are LONG. and yes there is a lag between each gear, compounded a bit by the larger choice of the 3076R’s .82. BUT I only need to shift twice to get down the track. So who knows how it will work out. It is very nice to cruise around though, 4th like I predicted is what 5th is stock, so my 65mph rpms are 2800 which is great.

I drove it up to lake george and back yesterday and it was great. Need a little more seat time, and get the flat foot shit setup in this bitch to see what it will do then.

OHH and by the way… I will post a video clip up of my shifting WITHOUT GRINDS OR LOCKOUTS at 7500rpm in my O2Junk box! :tongue when it gets nice out again this week. I have to say the combo of adjusting the linkages properly, the solid link ends I made, the solid cable mounts, and boxing the clutch fork made it night and day. Boxing the clutch fork I can tell made a big difference. On jack stands, in gear and clutch on the floor, the tires would still spin slowly (shows the clutch isnt fully released)… now with no flex on the fork the clutch is fully disengauged and the tires arnt spinning at all.

in for broken axles.

stock valvetrain still? if you have exhaust valves, springs and retainers rev to 8-8200, it might not fall out of boost as bad then

Yeah dudeski. thats the idea. Headwork is next at some point.

installed the WOT BOX in the jetta last night.

Highlights of the night we having a soccer mom in her mini van highbeam me after i 2 stepped it past my parents house last night. I pulled over and she yelled out the window, “Your car was on fire back there…”

This thing rips now, turbo stays in boost great and got rid of a bunch of the up shift boost lag. When the exhaust is hot, it launches some SRS shotgun like fire balls out between flat foot shifts… its very entertaining.

I need some time tuning this thing and I will hit the dyno asap.

Finally has a full front end back on it too, lower valance, bumper grills, center grill are all back on. Picking up a set of BBS RC’s to kustomize and throw on soon too.

What are you doing later nut swinger?

NM, you gunna be around my neck of the woods? Around 8:30 or so I have to run to pick up some wheels but thats about it.

I was talking to your brother about the truck… I wanna stop in, he said you fags were fishing in the cape the last half of the week.

werd, we will be around 2 night. call us.

Last week we were in Deleware lookin at boobies on the beach and fishin. this friday-monday we are going to the cape to fish for blues.

I don’t care if you’re balls deep in your sister, answer the damn phone.

WTF number u callin me from… lol i ignored that shit.

careful with the FFS and stock valvetrain. a few people have dropped valves doing that.

How do you mean? Like the WOT shift didnt actually cut the ignition and it pegged the limiter?

Joined the Big Red club last night. Good by third gear.

So lets see this is transmission #4 now. My clutch was getting old anyways, 18Kmi on it or so and it was slipping a little under WOT shifts, and has been a royal pain in the ass launching it smoothly, so maybe its time for an upgrade in that dept while I pull the trans out to put a 3rd gear back in.

I never actually looked at this thread before, but great work man… I might need to employ you to build charge piping if you would be interested (not right away, but in the near future).

Thanks man. Sure thing. I can do them outa Aluminum or stainless what ever you want. I need to up date it with some recent pics of everything thats dont, becasue some stuff changed.

Let me know if you need something. :thumbup