Glass removal replacement or retint?

So heres my situation i have a fastback in the shop and a parts car.
The tint is all messed up on my car on the hatch glass and quarter glass but the tint on my parts car is in excellent condition and its very good, high quality tint.

Was wondering if it was a viable option to just get the glass removed on the parts car and put into my car.

I’ve been quoted around 400+ to have the tint removed and retinted.

I know glass can be a bitch to remove I was wondering how much would it cost for something like this. Dont need new glass just labour work. Basically take off glass on car, take off glass on parts car, put glass on car. Would this route be cheaper than tint removal and a high quality tinting?

Anyone know a good glass guy?

Thanks

i suggest putting aside a Full day of your time and go at taking the tint off, it wount cost you a thing (other than retinting) it will just take some time. i recently switched my hatch to one with horrible tinting, it took me a good 2-3 hours to do it but i finally got it off, and it was free. doing the quarter windows shouldn’t be too hard, as they dont have defrost lines like the hatch.

Getting glass switch will be very pricey, as those quater windows arnt exactly a walk in the park to get off ( If you try to do this yourself wear a mask, as if you pry on them too hard they will shatter sending pieces of glass everywhere (but they tend to direct themselfs more towards your face)) and they would have to remove them from both cars, then install them as well.

The problem i have with the trunk glass is that the tint is in hundreds of little pieces and strips, the previous owner must have tried to remove the tint and the tint is all over the place and pretty flaky.

Guess i’ll give it a go with ammonia(sp?) when I pick up the car and see how I do.

I’m still interested in pricing just to weigh my options. If anyone out there does glass work or knows someone that does. Ya just the glass removal on both cars and installing on one not both.

Thanks for the suggestions sidewayz240 appreciate it.

just swap the hatch urself and and remove the tint urself for the 1/4s and ask someone to tint them again
atleast thas wat i’ve done…
my car used to have those purple tints…

So heres my situation i have a fastback in the shop and a parts car.
The tint is all messed up on my car on the hatch glass and quarter glass but the tint on my parts car is in excellent condition and its very good, high quality tint.

Was wondering if it was a viable option to just get the glass removed on the parts car and put into my car.

I’ve been quoted around 400+ to have the tint removed and retinted.

I know glass can be a bitch to remove I was wondering how much would it cost for something like this. Dont need new glass just labour work. Basically take off glass on car, take off glass on parts car, put glass on car. Would this route be cheaper than tint removal and a high quality tinting?

Anyone know a good glass guy?

Thanks

i suggest putting aside a Full day of your time and go at taking the tint off, it wount cost you a thing (other than retinting) it will just take some time. i recently switched my hatch to one with horrible tinting, it took me a good 2-3 hours to do it but i finally got it off, and it was free. doing the quarter windows shouldn’t be too hard, as they dont have defrost lines like the hatch.

Getting glass switch will be very pricey, as those quater windows arnt exactly a walk in the park to get off ( If you try to do this yourself wear a mask, as if you pry on them too hard they will shatter sending pieces of glass everywhere (but they tend to direct themselfs more towards your face)) and they would have to remove them from both cars, then install them as well.

The problem i have with the trunk glass is that the tint is in hundreds of little pieces and strips, the previous owner must have tried to remove the tint and the tint is all over the place and pretty flaky.

Guess i’ll give it a go with ammonia(sp?) when I pick up the car and see how I do.

I’m still interested in pricing just to weigh my options. If anyone out there does glass work or knows someone that does. Ya just the glass removal on both cars and installing on one not both.

Thanks for the suggestions sidewayz240 appreciate it.

just swap the hatch urself and and remove the tint urself for the 1/4s and ask someone to tint them again
atleast thas wat i’ve done…
my car used to have those purple tints…