Go-karting league?

I’m looking to joining a karting league for pure pleasure and competition, but no intention of taking it above and beyond. Anyone have any info on this or experience/recommendations. Somewhere close to the GTA would be the best.
Thanks a lot!

yes. the best option for you would be gpk. they have regular racing leagues and a lot of the guys there have ranging skill levels. the best would be to go there and ask for the schedule. a few guys on the board are actually racing in that league too.

Cameron Speedway in Hamilton

http://www.cameronmotorsports.com/

about 15 minutes from my house.

yeah most of our friends race at gpk

a few are in a league

talk to josh or osad

Gpk is the electrical karts at downsview right? I’ve seen the track many times but have never tried it. Imo the track looks small and boring, but those who race there please feel free to shed some light on this. I’ve went to the brampton place and its not bad, so I guess that’s my benchmark

How about Kart-drifting competitions? It’d be pretty easy to judge.

samson the karts at gpk are meh ive been going consistaly for almost three months tehre. the league nighes are on wed for 20 bucks and u get the faster speed.

the tracks not that bad its a good lay out but the karts are not consistant some times there good sometimes tehre shit.

my best time there on normal speed was 22.9.

when the weather is nice lets all go out down to the docks the track and karts tehre are intense

i have a friend who lives in Indiana with his own gas powered shifter karts. once you drive one of those, all other karts just seem like shit… we need some real tracks around here and id buy one in a second.

Formula Kartways in brampton (indoor)

the hamilton one looks pretty serious

i went to downsview to go agnst mikey just couple days ago. first time there 23.64 with cars in my way haha. it was fun but the track isnt so great. id say my fav is still the formula kartways with alot better track layout…my time there last time with mikey 2weeks ago was 32.66

competed in summer league at gpk, finished the season 4th, only one point behind the trird… actually went there on the second week of winter league, didn’t really like it, was too crowded… best time i had was 21.89. gotta try formula kartways, people say its completely different…

i really want to try Cameron… the advertise on the back of the Tri-Ad with different leagues to sign up for… they say you can go more than 50mph in their league karts.

+1

i’ve done race leagues at GPK and it was pretty fun but gets boring after time…they have 2 league races every wednesday for around 4-5 months, and every race is 20 bucks…good luck

i have been going to Formula Kartways in brampton (indoor) for the past 3 weeks and its pretty good, we should have a meet there one nite , i say we have a meet there sometime mid next week. 25 laps coast 27.50

hears the link > > > > http://www.formulakartways.com/

Ive raced cameron in the past and it was really fun…totally different level of skill needed then the indoor karting places. Not to shoot down GPK or Formula Karways but those places are great for something to do. If you want to race and are a competitive person I had fun at Cameron in Hamilton. Only downside is that coming from the east end its was a PITA to get there for the evening races due to traffic.

For the east end guys I suggest Goodwood. They have a few leagues aswell and should be really fun. I have karted there before but never in a league and once again its a outdoor track and takes a bit more skill then those indoor tracks.

Ive raced for Bob Cameron at the Hamilton track in both the rookie league and the stars of tomorrow. The rookie league is fun but your limited by boundaries that are set to keep accidents down and more profits for the man. Reckless driving they are pretty strict on, if you spin or put 4 wheels off your out of the race and must pit etc.

Joining the team if you can qualify and have previous regional races under your belt your looking at 12-14g’s a season and a lot of your time VS the rookie karting championship using their karts is like 150-200 to sign up and $50 every time you go…i think its bi weekly but it could be weekly i cant remember its been a long time. This place was way more chill back in 2000 when it was on the down low, its all about money now and not so much the ultimate racing experience.

formula kartways. Professional people, lots of track options, pro designed, computerised lap time print outs. Gas powered Karts ( not shifter) Indoor and open till like 3 am.

Real Go-Karts should be able to go more than 50mph and I agree with DirrtyDevvo that at some point it’s all about the money.
There is no reason why group of people can’t do it every month or Long Weekend for just of fun of racing somewhere in TO area.

i just went to GPK on friday, it a nice course like ive been to brampton and indy there r okie too … GPK i guess is more convient too cus its at downsview i think it toped out at 32-33 km for me but im a light guy so iuno…uh i would suggest GPK if u live near downsview i would consider joining the league if anything too. best time on friday was 23.5 :frowning: fail… some dude i saw got like 16.7 that day :S)