Going car shopping tomorrow. Give me tips.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:79,topic:28667"”]

And?

[/quote]

She sent me a pic. Perfect choice for someone who needs basic transportation and wants to save money.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/02images/03ram3500slt_dually1.jpg

She’s been hanging out with Mike :wink:

That is an awsome truck and the cost of ownership is probably less than a quattro audi, with about the same MPG

[quote=“JayS,post:80,topic:28667"”]

IB4WeFindOutAllAdviceWasIgnored. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I’ll take the first guess at what it is:

1998 Audi A4 2.8 30V quattro, 132K on the clock, no maintenance records, needs a-arm bushings, and 2 wheel bearings. Bought it on the spot.

[quote=“JayS,post:80,topic:28667"”]

IB4WeFindOutAllAdviceWasIgnored. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

that’s how all of these threads go, pretty much…

[quote=“double j,post:85,topic:28667"”]

I’ll take the first guess at what it is:

1998 Audi A4 2.8 30V quattro, 132K on the clock, no maintenance records, needs a-arm bushings, and 2 wheel bearings. Bought it on the spot.

[/quote]

Something nice and reliable…:lolsign:

[quote=“BikerFry,post:82,topic:28667"”]

She sent me a pic. Perfect choice for someone who needs basic transportation and wants to save money.

mikeri.jpg

[/quote]

rofl. that would make a lot of sense. :rofl:

[quote=“Dex,post:72,topic:28667"”]

ask woody, shrives, eviljay, jam, sc1chik, etc how much they like that i have a reliable car now. :lolsign:

[/quote]

LOL

[quote=“Dex,post:72,topic:28667"”]

ask woody, shrives, eviljay, jam, sc1chik, etc how much they like that i have a reliable car now. :lolsign:

[/quote]

except when you leave your lights on douchebag.

:kiss:

You guys are all assholes. Seriously.

In my previous thread, before the car shopping began, a majority of you said a 2.5rs. And that’s what I’m probably getting. I haven’t made up my mind, but that’s what it looks like. It’s the only thing that I’ve looked at that makes sense and is what I’d like.

Almost every car that I’ve looked at at a dealership was not what was suggested. Every Jetta I looked at was a 2.0. There was a very nice Civic, it was automatic. I’ve looked at autotrader and cars.com and it’s hard to find something that I’d like to drive in my price range. Either too expensive, too cheap, or too many miles.

And I don’t totally get to make the final decision. If I wanted a $3500 Civic, I might think about it, but since my mother is willing to help me out, why wouldn’t I get something a little nicer and more expensive?

Hate to come off as spoiled or anything, but I don’t really have to worry about expenses/maintance when I’m going to college full time. I got that covered. And I don’t feel it’s necessary to explain the reason. So keep talking shit like you know what you’re talking about, and thanks for whatever help you guys gave me.

Now… if anyone’s interested in a moneypit '89 Audi 80Q, gimmie a holla.

mmm not into 89 80q’s, but im interested in a girl to drive me around in a nice car though.

i go places sometimes.

:cjerk:

get the 2.5rs!! the coupes are awesome!

[quote=“1bugeyedrex,post:94,topic:28667"”]

get the 2.5rs!! the coupes are awesome!

[/quote]

I agree. Totally go for it.

Yay, bandwagon! They are so hot though I had to suffer parking near Ryan’s RS with my ugly bugeye it made me sad. :frowning:

[quote=“Inn-Tune,post:76,topic:28667"”]

Since you’re looking at Subaru, check out Jeff (s101 on the board) at Northtown Subaru. He’s a great guy and he’ll take care of you.

-Mike

[/quote]

Thanks for the plug Mike.

Dawn, if you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM. Even if it’s not a car we have, I’ve owned a number of Subarus, and I’d be happy to try and make sure you get a good deal/car.

Gotta try and get future buffaloscooby.com members taken care of.