Goldstein Subaru Rant

I wasn’t picking anyone on here out so don’t think I was talking about you. Last weekend I brought my tsx in for an oil change at Northeast Acura and while waiting the sales lady basically forced me to take a new one for a test drive so I know it works both ways.

this was directed towards brew

Hahaha, I have some SERIOUS snows for my car. It’s going to be awesome! I’d love to take you up on the offer but I don’t really feel like making myself think that I NEED a wrx after the ride. Shit always happens… hahaha

Good edit :slight_smile:

haha yea you would probably want one asap. i went out with a friend of mine who has a 02 wrx yesterday night to the sears parking lot and the votec place. snow drifting with summer tires is crazy fun lol

Yeah I def can’t have that! haha if I get anything its going to be a 2010 tsx w/tech package…

Should have taped the called and upload to youtube.

That never even crossed my mind, great idea.

You guys DO realize that DJ from MoHud SCCA works there right? Probably would have taken MUCH better care of you.

What did Aaron (sales mgr) say when you got him on the phone?

Calling SoA customer commitment will land you a gift cert. for service/parts at a dealer of your choice and will land Goldstein in no trouble other then a phone call saying that you called (which I’m sure they expect at this point). If it’s worth the gift cert. and that will give you closure on your experience then I say go for it.

the young dude there with the legacy is cool. dont know if he is still there now

When I bought my car through Keeler, the guy was great. It was until a month later though I recieved a letter from the dealership and in it, it thanked me again for choosing to do business with them and then at the end it asked for a referral. I would have gladly tried to have helped him out, but it wasn’t even my salesman who sent me the letter. It was some other guy!

Sorry to hear Donny.

I agree, in this economy he should be taking care of you. I recently had a great experience when I bought my IS300 from Capital Volvo.

Sorry to hear bud.

i actually had a great experience with Goldstein in april. i happened to fall in love with a DGM 2.5i base model 5 door that was on the lot (and it was a matter of urgency to buy the car). i hope none of you punks brought it for a “spirited joyride.” although, maybe i deserve it for buying a “new” car that has been test driven.

anyways… they guy i had was great (slightly english accent guy. forget his name…) he was very willing to work with me and put up with me going to several different dealerships to shop around. yeah, he pulled the “well, let me go talk to my boss about that deal” (i pushed pretty hard) when i know they just go in the back and have a coffee or something… there’s NO WAY a salesguy doesn’t know the absolute bottom line price they can give. anyways, i ended up paying $50 more than dealer invoice (though i’m sure they paid less than invoice) but that’s still a good deal. he gave me several personal phone calls after the fact to ask how everything was going. he was very good at going over the cars details with me, at least what set it apart from other cars. considering my only driving experience is with my first car (a base model miata that’s now 18 years old) there were/are lots of new gadgets and features on the subie that i kept on being astounded at (“oh man! their are POWER door locks?! and air conditioning?! AND A BACKSEAT!!!”)

anyways: overall experience was great.

did he have glasses and kind of on the plump side? because i think i know who you are talking about. yea he is a nice guy, he lives uptown from me

That is Patrick. Good guy and a “Car Guy”. To the OP. I forwarded this thread to the store managers and one of the owners. I am sorry Bill did not give you the time and effort you deserved.

I do not work specifically at our Subaru location, but for all 3 stores, so if you have any issues at the stores I will try and help. No guarantee I can do anything, but I will try.

SHIT wtf is his name?!

I know who you’re talking about…

Fred I think? Parts guy? dude was jam.

I had no idea another member worked there, I would have gladly given my business to a fellow enthusiast. When I spoke with Aaron he also could not believe that the salesman would say he wished I never purchased from that store. Aaron apologized several times, and honestly sounded sincere. What he does from this point on is beyond me and as I told the manager on the phone that the intent of my call was not to get this guy fired. My call to the manager was more of a “Hey I think you should know about this” type of call. Still unsure of a SOA call…

Thank you for the offer. I wish more people out in the workforce took more pride in their jobs and companies, whether your pushing a broom or running a fortune 500 company the goal should be the same.

BTW at the time of my purchase, that was my 2nd NEW Vehicle from a Goldstein dealership in less than 2 years…

Thanks man. There are a TON of great salesman and dealerships out there still, and I don’t hold anything against Goldstein. I was just blown away by my phone conversation.

Yea Fast Freddy, he works in parts over at Capitaland Subaru now, Great Guy!