Goldstein Subaru Rant

yes, Patrick was the guy I dealt with. I’d recommend him to anybody. i gave him bonus points for having WRC stuff up on his computer.

never said you couldn’t afford the car… just said you don’t plan on buying

rehashing an old thread… I work at goldstein subaru and all of this is true. The younger kid in sales with the legacy is Paul, he works there again after a recent hiatus. Bill jones is a hoot. If you go there you want to talk to paul or joe K. And if you have any gripes about will or todd in service, Ill let them know. Hehehe. Also I think DJ works at the buick/gmc store.

Bill Jones is gone.

And I actually work for Goldstein Enterprises, spend most of my time in the old Big Als building ( for now) but can still help anyone in any store.

Who are you BTW.

What happened with Bill Jone$? Did he get fired?

I was not involved in it, I just know he is no longer with the company.

I know Paul personally. Hes a good dude!

My business partner just bought a brand new Sti and when he went in to finalize the paperwork and pay his down payment with his debit card, the salesman told him that he would not accept the debit card because it cost him $50 to run it and because the numbers were so tight on his deal , that we would have to come back with cash. So he made us go all they way to the bank, get $$$, and go all the way back, just so he didn’t have to pay $50 to run the debit card. BS.

Retarded

Shoulda had the assclown take you, or not buy garbage in the first place:)

In that case to tell the salesman to eat fat black cock and tell him you are going somewhere else. You can pay how ever you want when you buy a car.

A bunch of dealerships don’t want you paying with a credit card unless its told up front before the price is finalized on, because they now have to pay a % of that sale price to the CC company when they had already cut the deal according to how much profit they need to make on that car.

Ha, I didn’t realize bill was gone. I don’t get up to sales very often as I am the parts/shuttle driver for the subaru store. Its hard to get delivery’s done when there’s a dozen people that need to go all over the capital district.

The debit card thing is true and I honestly can’t blame the salesman. We have been considering doing that here. If we are giving a huge discount on say a $40000 kitchen package to where we are only making maybe $4000 on the appliances we request the customer use cash or a check because credit card companies have become blood thirsty recently. Some companies charge upto 4% for credit transactions. On a $40000 transaction that is $1600.

Is it that hard for the customer to go to the bank, atm or get a check from the credit card company?

maybe it would be impossible for not only the customer but the bank to supply $40k in cash. Some people also may need to use the credit card simply because they don’t have 40k in liquid funds.

Number one people who buy a $40000 kitchen do not have any shortage on cash and do not bank with any bank that would have trouble cutting a $40000 check.

If they are using a credit card the companies provide a check to their customer at no extra charge. All you have to do is call and request one

or, i’ll just take two seconds and swipe my credit card like i would at any other business.

+rep.

right on!:tongue

5,000 isn’t long. Are they using synthetic? I’d only go 3,500 on dino oil and 5-7,000 on Synthetic.

im not really sure what they use, but if anything happens bad because they want me to change my oil with those intervals hey go right ahead because its still under warranty…