Goldstein Subaru Rant

Standard oil change interval is approx 3 mos/ 3000 miles. ( industry standrd for some time)

The 5000 mile service we offer includes the oil change --with a BG additive that allows for a longer interval ( 4 mos /5000 miles recommended) --also includes roadside assitance ( for 4 mos-if you do not have AAA etc), tire rotation, lubricating various linkages, cable guides etc and a car wash if desired. Takes a little longer than a simple LOF.

Subaru allows people to go out to 7500 miles between changes.
GM states it is when the oil life monitor tells you it is time. (I know oil is much better than it used to be, but still Crazy if you ask me)

The statements about the CC charges are true --very tough if you are working on a narrow margin of profit. Also, If any part of a vehicle purchase is a loan --technically you cannot “charge” a downpayment --as you are borrowing to get a loan. Gray area with a debit card if it has a Visa or M/c logo on it.

Then there were all the network issues today … fun day in the car business

Have you missed the whole point of what SRS said? When dealing with large purchases where the business cuts a deal knowing they need a certain amount in profit that CC fee cuts into the profit, killing the deal for the business.

I printed your post and mailed it to Al.

Wow computer problems were right DJ. The techs wireless was down as was the techs computer in the back. Salvo was in and out several times.

Too bad things went down the way they did, I’ll be in the market for a smaller SUV later this year and it will most likely be another Subaru. As bad as my whole experience was at Goldstein, I would never want a person to be fired in this economy (Bill Jones).

Todd was freaking out. I had to calm him down ( and get Joe to call him) to get him to realize he did not need the computer system to hand out work to Techs to take cars of the customers. Ended up entering crap for him at my desk --had Aaron, Joe and Christian working out of my dept for a while.

BTW d.gage. I do not know if Bill was fired or left, and I would not wish that on anyone either, but the car business has had turnover is sales for years.

:rofl

DJ- The oil light interval in my truck is something around 10k miles. :ohnoes

Well the Engineers probably can tell you why it is OK to go that long. But I change mine every 3mos/ 4K ( no BG additive).

Maybe that warm Southern temperature you have now is nicer to oil breakdown? Go ahead --Roll the dice…

Oh heavens no, I do it every 3k. Just stating how crazy that is.

actually, i havent missed the point at all…in this economy, business will take whatever they can…im not going above and beyond for the sale as a buyer, that’s the business’ obligation to do.