Good Car For Racing

well obviously if thats his choice as of now we’re gonna assume drag racing aren’t we :wink:

GTP

97 GTP - $4k
i/c - $800
tranny rebuild - $1500
2.8" pulley- $60
PCM - $200

youd have a seriously fast car

oh yeah, boost>*

I dont want to buy anything with mods already on it. Theres a few real close to me like that but I want to get used to driving it and then mod it.

Yes I mean drag racing. Driving along and find someone at a light and race them.

I heard the 97 engines dont last over 100,000 miles. Was that a lie or only in the grand ams?

I dont think i know what domestic or fox body means. I think I know what fox body is but I’ve been checking autotrader and the newspaper but all i can find is automatics, ones with 100,000 miles and ones that are already modded

drag racing = track. street racing = stoplights

Grand National
87 GN - 5k
500 bucks in mods

12’s all day long

youd have a even more seriously fast car :stuck_out_tongue:

Best car for stop light racing imo, tons of torque, exactly what u need for light to light

If anybody feels like explaining what boost is that would be good. What year civic? Are formulas not fast or people just dont like them?

Not real sure what torque is either. I have minimal knowledge of cars.

hahahahaha… I think I might go with a GN if anyone else thinks its better than a Mustang. I kind of have a personal attachment to them but wasn’t really sure what they were called.

Mustangs are for punk highschool kids who wear their hats sideways

Granted, theres some nice ones around, but that seems to be the image for the 5.0

GN = molly hatchet listnen’ to sticks dweller

well everybody and theyre mother has a stang

that should be one reason to not get one :slight_smile:

its really personal prefrence tho.

lol u couldent be more wrong.

and theres nothing wrng with molly hatchet lol

molly hatchet > *

their version of dreams > *

dude im a redneck at heart <---- THE TRUTH COMES OUT

I am a high school kids but im no punk kid. I like the boxy 80ish style of the older mustangs but if theres a car thats just as fast that looks good and I can find one around me itll be good.

lol

GTP, i love mine because its not ugly, it has an amazing sound system, heated seats, leather, heads up, and fucking screams…

gtps will wreck a lot of cars off the line.

well i can tell u this, a bone stock GN vs a bone stock stang

GN wins every time!! (comparable years)

thing is, there are hardly any stock gns around anymore, cause they are so cheap to mod and make fast, that is if u like the look of them, alot of ppl dont.

i agree there, as does my regal

sleeper cars all the way

did everyone miss this post

homeboy i think you have a lot of reading ahead of you before you get into an expensive and possibly ( in your case ) dangerous hobby

esp when people thing you drive a GPGT :snky:

edit: boost is forced induction, from a supercharger or turbo. If you dont know what boost is, then you really must not be a car person. Id have to say a GTP would be a perfect starter car. Reasonably quick to start, oh so easy to mod, and oh so easy to make faSStTT