Good Car For Racing

Damnit newman I was all excited to be the first one to post that. Ill suck your ass lips if you edit it.

i dont think hes a troll from ubrf …

and when it comes to doing engine swaps w/ imported engines … ask Chino how fun that can get when stuff goes wrong

for a first project car that anyone w/ limited knowledge about cars, its usualy a BAAAD idea to do a realy involved project.

id say stick w/ something v8 thats carbed, as tuning a carb is gonna be way easier then tuning fuel injection

and im sure any purists out there will be pissed, but i plan on doing a turbo 454 chevy engine in a regal eventualy … with the full t-type exterior clone except badges :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have no car knowledge at all, I suggest you sit back and read away before doing anything.

Anyways, My vote goes for 1g AWD DSM. $6k total cost will have you a very quick 1/4 mile car. Plus, stock, they’ve still got some balls.

Anyways though, I think you need to learn more before you get into anything, because from the sounds of it, you have no car knowledge.

why is everyone under the impression that an sr20det swap is so hard? if u buy a GOOD engine and an uncut harness it can be done in a weekend…

i know its not hard … wouldnt be hard at all … FOR ME OR U OR CHINO …

i just dont think its good for someone just starting out in the performance world

The DSM wouldn’t be a bad idea… but when shit breaks its not cheap, or fun to fix.

A Camaro? Where did that come from? How about an 84 camaro… those had the 305HO w/ 4spd automatic

BTW - Funky, drag racing is cheaper, and can be done anywhere at any time. The only money spent is on gas and tires.

Uhh, what auto insurance company do you go with? Because they are on crack…

unless of course, you are already just paying out of the ass for insurance…

Vehicle type does make quite the difference in premium price

i only pay 235 a year for my GN, insured at 15k

unlimited milage

lol… kev you are sooo old.

BTW - 250 per month for liability… thats it, just liability. :tdown:

its not cause im old, its cause the GNs are finally listed as classics.

lol but i am 35 :slight_smile:

with a clean record.

:tup: very true

To have a fast, cheap car the my vote has to be a Fox body Mustang. For the amount of used parts out there and relatively cheap new parts you can’t build a faster car

so then they send thier stock harness and the harness that comes with the motor to someone like heavy throttle and they make the harness for u. there, hardest part of the install solved… :stuck_out_tongue:

Out of all the swaps out there, I think the Honda swaps are probably the least difficult to do. To go from NA to turbo is as easy as reworked ECU ala Zer0DazE, a 2bar or 3bar map sensor and the turbo stuff. As far as engine swaps go, easy to swap all kinds of stuff together in almost any Honda. Carnut can probably comment but from my limited exposure at Hybrid and with Max Power Tuning, the Honda stuff seems to be the most flexible.

hahahaha… Gustav, i like you already.

80’s crown vic for the win.

seriously tho… sounds like you like the foxbody mustangs… Im sure you could find a decent one for around 2-3k leaving you with 3k to play with. Don’t go with front wheel drive, Pontiac Grand Prix GTP tho seem to cut nice 60’s… I personally hate front wheel drive ( FWD ) … any decent power won’t go to the ground.

Defend FWD all ya want… facts are facts. Mustang For the win… I think you’ll have fun with it.

edited: save yer $6000, study and work hard…

and get wrx sti in the end…

LMAO :mamoru:

dude, buy a $1000 car and save your money for college.

dont save your money for college, spend it now, and take out loans to pay for school. then get a good job that will pay off your loans :wink:

Reguardless of how easy or cheap the swap is, engine swapping is not something for someone new to cars to be doing. While someone on here could buy a car, engine swap, etc. for the $6k, i highly doubt this kid has the knowledge, tools, time, etc. to do it. So its either never going to run, or run way over the $6k limit.

His best bet is domestic rwd. He can find one realtively cheap, they are decently quick stock, and he can learn doing the basic upgrades himself and actually see improvements.

Best advice ever!!! :roll: