Good mexican restaurants?

I went camping this weekend in Olean, which is about 15-20 minutes from Bradford, PA.

All of the restaurants owned by the owners of El Caporal were the same…they also were all raided by INS agents. I think NYS revoked their ability to do business. However PA did not.

So a friend of mine and I went to Bradford to eat at La Herradura.

It’s identical to El Caporal right down to Javier working there saying, HELLO MY FRIENDS THANK YOU FOR COMING! :stuck_out_tongue:

Good times, best mexican ever!!!

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/Hybriddon/myspace%20profile/2.jpg

mmmm chocolate chimi

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/Hybriddon/myspace%20profile/3.jpg

Chips and Salsa (heroin)

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/Hybriddon/myspace%20profile/4.jpg

Javier LOL

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/Hybriddon/myspace%20profile/5.jpg

ETS
elmwood taco $ subs

he said a good chimi.

so it is the same people… :tup: kinda funny… its like 30 min drive from my house…never went there

the chimi’s and the cookies are the only things i’ll get from there.

i love salsaritas

FYI I would not be eating there… From what the ICE agents told me there was raw sewage running through one of those places. I can’t remember if it’s the one you ate at or Alfred… Also there is a hell of allot more stuff I could say but I can’t.

Also El Caporal and all the resturants where owned by one guy named DeCarllo which was a fake name that belonged to a dead Guatemalan guy…

INS>

I was going to say “good man” after your first reference to ETS, but really? That’s all you’ll get from there?

I always laugh when I hear someone that prefers mighty taco over ETS. But hey, I guess if you like grade F- meat that comes out of a toothpaste tube, be my guest.

i don’t prefer mighty over ets, I have eaten other things and i know the owner is anal about food freshness,they just can’t seem to be consistent. lonestar ftmfw

ETS tastes like the taco meat i make at home. mighty i dont know what that is supposed to be called but it isn’t beef. i just eat the chicken.

all of this makes it more authentic and more delicious

So it tastes like decently fresh beef? (unless you store your beef in the garbage can).

Just douse the shit with ETS’ hot sauce. I really need to start asking for no lettuce when I go there. I’m sick of triple flushing the toilet the next day because I can’t get it to unstick from the toilet bowl.

I went to Gramma Moras today for the very first time.

It was the worst mexican experience I have ever had, worse than don pablos, worse than chi chis, worse than taco bell.

The salsa was very bland and watery tasting of tomato puree with some chili mixed in and a little bit of onion. The chips were incredibly salty.

I ordered a Fajita grill, chicken and beef was all they offered unlike most places which offer chicken, beef and shrimp. I had to pay extra for the shrimp but that’s ok not that big of a deal.

The meal came out and I was shocked at how little there was on the plate compared to anywhere in the Buffalo area I have gone to. Not to mention this was the priciest in terms of mexican food. The beef and chicken were luke warm, the shrimp were tasteless. They provided 4 soft flour tortillas to make your own fajitas, there was not enough to make 2 proper fajitas. The rice and beans appeared as if someone ripped open a box of Zattarains and threw it on the plate, same for the beans straight out of the can and heated in a microwave. The taste was nothing to write to a forum about either (but I will :P).

The service was ok but I suspect that was only because we arrived there in the absolute beginning of lunch time and there was barely anyone there. I have a feeling that too would have been scattered.

The only redeeming quality from this meal was the guacamole. It was tasty. It is hard to fuck up guacamole though, and who knows that might have been a premade mix as well.

I was polite and did not comment on the piss poor excuse of a representation of mexican food that was. Instead I just finished my meal realizing that in order to appreciate the good places you need to try the shitty places and that is the joy in new experiences, good or bad if you have learned something then it ultimately is good.

I know not to go there and will not recommend it to anyone. Soo far since El Caporal the only place to come in close second is La Tolteca on Transit Road across from Dave and Busters. That place is pretty tasty. Otherwise all the places here in town have been fucking downright disappointments.

fuckin Beef n bean with rice, WIN! SOO GOOD!

i NOTICE Mighty Taco is not mentioned here, lol.

one other downer to note about ETS is the drive through is a reduced version of the normal menu.

The relatives of the owners of El Caporal closed the restaurant in Bradford, PA.

Instead they opened Rancho Grande at the corner of Main and Cascade just off the 219 expressway in Springville. Kidde Corner to the Gas station.

Went there today and it was great, everything was just like El Caporal they evened stole some of the paintings from El Caporal.

Anyone looking for good mexican, just drive down to the end of the 219 express way.