Good mexican restaurants?

Since El Caporal has closed I have been to the following with the following results.

Cinco De Mayo - Blows.
El Palenque - Second soo far in overall experience and quality to caproal, but they still blow hard
El Canelo - Blows hardest, soo far this has been the worst mexican experience ever. Ogden st. I cannot say enough about the magnitude of suckage.

I was toying with the idea of developing a rubric to score each mexican place. Mexican just hasn’t been the same since caporal closed. So in designing the rubric, caporal would have scored perfect and what not. Then I decided to just go eat and stuff my face and shelved the idea of a scoring tool. So the simple descriptors are how I am rating these places.

Blows, Blows Hard, Blows Harder and last but not least Blows Hardest. :stuck_out_tongue:

^ all very good advice…

I’ve had some very good food and some bad food at coyote cafe, they messed my order up twice in one sitting too.

ariba in east aurora

sloppy tacos? :rofl:

sorry, i had to. lol

they are good too but just like coyote they are more tex mex than regular mexican, IMO a good thing. Authentic mexican food from straight up mexico isn’t that good.

i went to cinco de mayo in orchard park last week and it was awesome, tho ive only been there once and ordered two items.

right but compared to caporal, it blows

of course that is just my opinion and completely subjective.

ehh, TJ street tacos are pretty awesome.

to many awesome taco shops here to count, defiantly opened up a whole new world of food to me when i moved out here.

Went to La Tolteca today for lunch.

It was great.

Not El Caporal but I think I may have found a new place to hang my sombraro. Still have to try a few other places.

THe food was really good, the salsa and chips were good, the service was good. The scenery was contemporary and clean compared to the rest of the restaurants in the area.

Soo far this receives the highest marks in my opinion. :tup: :tup:

Avo Cado on Main Street is great. It’s in the Tops Plaza across the street from Ub South. The prices are decent and everything is homemade.

ill have to give it a shot thanks :slight_smile:

Do you guys know where i can get a good chimichanga (sp?)

i liked it here

Stay away from Sole

it sucked

coyote has the best by far, get the one with the potatoes and chorizo. And the cheese sauce on top.

RIP Chi-chi’s

Casa Vega … oh wait…

I had a nice chat with Javier from El Caporal tonight (the guy who says "thank you for coming my friends is so good to see you)

I was at la tolteca and he was there with the owner of that restaurant. He was like “oh hello amigos is soo good to see you !!”

I proceeded to cry about el caporal. He told us how he was in jail for 8 days then let go.

They opened another el caporal in bradford i guess.

I fucking miss that guy :frowning: