good not so average rock bands

it was totally a joke… i hate those with a passion… i haven’t watched mtv in like 4 years

i’m listening to:

Heaven Shall Burn - Deaf to Our Prayers
Norma Jean - all three cds (i love them all)
Bleeding through - (portait of a godess is my fav, but listen to this love is murderous and Dust to ashes)
ETID - HOT damn, will dabble with gutter phenom
ALID - not so much but will play frail worlds collapse occasionally
All that remains - Darkest heart, and fall of ideals
pretty much all of Lamb of god (new american gospel is my fav)
and a little bit of Caliban…

this is my current album selection, until i find some new cd’s :slight_smile:

Did you get into the new Norma Jean right away or did it take you a few times listening to it? I do like it but not as much as the old stuff and only select songs not the intire album. Maybe I just need to listen to it more but its still good though.

I’ve liked every norma jean cd right off the bat… the new one was a little slower… but i love it as much as the others

i just thought of a band i havent listened to in awhile…

filter.

im pretty sure that “bless the matyr kiss the child” is my fav norma jean album.

Andy and Mike are good dudes.

Stuff that takes talent for one. Stuff that doesnt follow the latest “scene”. I personally think that Russian Circles and Pelican write some of the mostbrilliant music out there. Im sorry but ANY new “Metal/Hardcore” band has brought nothing new to the table with the exception of a few. Norma Jean is phenominal, as is Between the Buried and me. Any other band i listed too. Just read what i posted. Even download some of it. It wont hurt you to try some of it out.

i never really got into pelican.
russian circles is growing on me.
and BTBAM and darkest hour are by far my 2 favorite ever.
ill never get sick of either of them.

I like the new BTBAM cover cd, pretty good stuff, New Mastadon is pretty good too.

Brett left a while ago, and the whole band broke up months ago.
And you kind of know brett cause you worked with him.

:bloated:

SOCIETY’S FINEST GOOD CHOICE.

Ya know what, I really don’t know why I loved that CD too. And it confused me, because I normally wouldn’t have.

My tastes vary a lot with music, but I can’t get into the rock that is out now. Punk yes. The Unseens newer stuff gets me going real good.

Older stuff, I like INDK’s little bit of stuff they put together, and if I am feeling ral aggressive I’ll put on some Choking Victim or Leftover Crack.

And I approve of Rise Against big time. I love them long time.

^ yeah i agree…AFI was something i normally wouldnt be into, but that album was really good. ive been really exploring some new music lately, thanks to minisrt4…he knows the style i like and keeps turning me on to all these new bands i havent heard of. rise against is one of my favs. i REALLY like funeral for a friend though, and underoath…those are my top three at the moment.

you reek of douchebagery and some of us like you?

I definitely dig BTBAM, (Selkies fucking rules!), Norma Jean, Rembering never, and a little bit of Dimmu Borgir, Blood has been shed, older From Autumn to Ashes, Boy sets fire, By Autumns end, Iron maiden, Tesla, Motley Crue, Scorpions

Iron Maiden = shreddddd fest