Good racing seats

I am looking for a good set of light weight racing seats. I don’t want some cheap $100 crap that’s gunna break, but I’m not dropping $1g/seat either. I want a good seat at a reasonable price, but realize you get what u pay for and don’t mnind buying a quality seat for the $$. Would like to have reclinable too. What are some good seats and where’s a good place to get them?

i got a pair of sparco p2000’s in decent condition for 550$
edit: there non reclinable

i have a circle track seat. if you are intrested

take a look at the tenzo R seats … pretty good quality from what i remember and a damn decent price all diffrent kinds and styles and colors

There’s no such thing as a reclinable racing seat. If it’s reclinable it’s nothing more than a sport seat that pretends to be for racing. If you intend to use these seats at the track, I’d get something that is FIA certified.

I was going to get one of these, but it wouldn’t fit in my car without alot of work.

The Sparco Pro 2000’s are a good choice too, as Twizted said…

I had that on order. Had to cancel it though as I ended up buying an aluminum seat that was slightly more expensive (as it came attached to a car).

I have always liked these: about $599-ish, comfy, good bolsters, and adjustable if thats what your needs are.

http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/images/recaro/srdRed.jpg

Corbeau A4 Microsuede.

Last I checked didnt Corbeau lose their FIA certification?

I’ve got Pro2000’s, absolutely love them.

the ultra is a pretty comfortable seat, and well priced.

Pretty much what I was going to say. Reclinable and racing are not found in the same seat. I think you mean “sport seat”. What are you looking for? Looks, support, comfort? What?

Yes.

Well, the car is no longer a DD, but more of a toy. My major concern is with weight reduction. The stockers weigh ~85-95 lbs a piece. I do run on some road track events and plan on increasing the frequency in whick I do this. I would like to leave the car fairly stock looking, nor will I be gutting it. I would like to make it a bit lighter and more track friendly but don’t want to make it a “race car”. I guess I’m not sure what I should do now…

go “try on” seats.

owen the soy boy has a sparco ultra. mike at innovative has a couple other sparcos. ask them and anyone else on the forum to sit in their seats, just promise them you wont fart.

Who actually reclines their seats anyway?

I have a set of carbon fiber seats made by toms motorsports… i love um, but its a tight fit if you arent skinny and that arent reclinable so its notta good choice for ya

im not positive if he still has um but i know deni (b18ctr) used to have a set of sparco’s forsale

I know from personal exoperience that it’s hard to “have it all”. I’d get “real” race seat(s) and keep the stockers. Bolt in the race seats(s) for race days. If you find them acceptable for regular use, just leave 'em in.

I was surprised on how comfy race seats are still though. I had to drive to Jersey sitting in a Sparco none reclinable race seat and it wasn’t bad at all. I even fell asleep on a couple of occasions.