Good tires

its called asking people’s opinions/researching sorry you’re anoyed, i thought forums were for discussions and sharing of knowledge/experiences not power hungry mods that like to close threads or be imature the moment they spot potential anything they can bash on and carry through to bash more.

Oh jeez I don’t know, it’s a car forum. Somebody’s asking about different tires that go on a car, who knows maybe someone with a car has used the tires in question, it’s a really pointless discussion I know. Instead forget forums, just go and spend 400$ every once in a while because we all have wallets the size of mount everest.

eagle f1 gs-d3 is MUCH better.

no question

I’m sorry, was that an insult? Have I ever locked one of your threads? If you’re trying to annoy me, you’re doing a good job. My suggestion was a serious one.

The way I see it, the only person who knows what tires you’re going to like best is you. I would be surprised if you could notice differences in the tires on your shortlist, and the fact remains that each tire has its own benefits and drawbacks relative to your personal taste… so try some and find out!

You can either regurgitate other’s opinions, or form your own. But if it’s your thing to drive a car that SON built, more power to you I guess.

exactly, For this reason I prefer used tires, I’ve really liked toyo proxies, but not as much as g-force KD’s, the khumo’s I used wore really fast, the continentals I’ve used I didn’t much care for, the michelin pilots sport were a nice well rounded tire,

If I were buying new, for my SR240, I would look at g-force KD, or KDW if you don’t enjoy slidin in the rain, or pilots…
Actually I would REALLY love to try some Toyo RA-1…

Once your past the half way point in the tire market and into the upper end they all compare quite well.

The only reason why I bought the es 100s was because the of the thread pattern. Nothing else.

Btw. have any of you tried the BFG g-force sport? I’m really on the fence between buying those or the es 100s… size is in 225/50/16. I wanna try out the g-force sport, but its gonna cost $196 CAD installed + balanced per tire. So i wanna make sure i make the right decision. :stuck_out_tongue:

RT215’s were friggin awesome, but wore mad fast… i would imagine that the 615s grip just as well…

my GS-D3’s are pretty good up front, great stopping grip.

kumho’s are for beginners or for the rear to blow off… all but the MX’s that is, which dont get made now apparently.

fair warning, don’t fukk with Axlerod, he’ll mess you up bad.

S13’s stock size is 205/55/16. you’d find a better selection in the correct size. the proper upsize in width would be 225/50/16.

i’ve had Kumho ecsta MX 225/50/16 and i didn’t like how they performed, expecially in the wet. i found traction loss isn’t progressive, it’s pretty sudden, and there’s a delay in regaining grip. BTW, ecsta MX’s placed dead last in a recent Max Performance tire test.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=10252&page_number=1

I bought a set of 451’s on closeout 215/45/17 and so far they’re great. they handle very nicely in the wet and dry. there’s been some cold nights lately too (around 5 degrees) and they didn’t feel as hard as the MX’s cold.

i used to have FM901’s on my old car. it was a cavalier with subzero wheels and a good suspension setup (RKsport coilovers). they were very competent for that car. i recommended them to my friend, who had an 01 jetta with ECU/exhaust/suspension and auto-x’ed them. he didn’t like them at all.

i guess it all really depends on what you want. if you are willing to compromise wet traction for ultimate dry grip, try the Azenis out. if you run your car hard everyday and want some life, try the 451/452.

Hey whats the dif between the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 and the Goodyear Eagle F1… they look the bloody same lol.

:shock:
One look on the Goodyear site will tell you.

spot me the damn diference:

http://www.goodyear.ca/goodyeartireselectorca/results_tire.jsp?mrktarea=Performance

http://www.goodyear.ca/goodyeartireselectorca/display_tire.jsp?prodline=Eagle+F1&mrktarea=Performance

http://www.goodyear.ca/goodyeartireselectorca/display_tire.jsp?prodline=Eagle+F1+GS+D3+EMT&mrktarea=Performance

I already was on these pages… I don’t see any difference.

it’s 195/60/15 or 205/60/15

i had a set of toyo proxes fz4 back in the day and they were really loud… so dont bother looking into them if you want to have a quiet ride.

i just put a set of all season goodyear assurance tires 205/60/15 and these tires are just pimp… quiet, grip like a summer tire, when you do a burnout there is virtually no tire squack(good for street) and they are plush even when they handle extremely well for a 60 sidewall tire

-Matt

1. It’s tread, not “thread”.
  2. Put the proper size (diameter) tire on your car. 205/50/16 is NOT it.